Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys i managed to try it out under ml but im getting compile errors.

This is what i have on my HDEF section by now.
Code:
Device (HDEF)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
            OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
            Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                DCKA,   1, 
                        Offset (0x01), 
                DCKM,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                DCKS,   1, 
                        Offset (0x08), 
                    ,   15, 
                PMES,   1
            }

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
            }
        }

I know i need to remove the actual section and add this:

Code:
Device (HDEF)                                                
{
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x0D, 
                        0x05
                    })
                }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x04)
                        {

"layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

but i stuck on this:

Code:
/Users/Legionariopk/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 10017:                     If (LAnd (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKS, One))
Error    4064 -                                                                                                      Object does not exist ^  (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKS)

/Users/Legionariopk/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 10019:                         Store (DSTS, \_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKA)
Error    4064 -                                                                                                             Object does not exist ^  (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKA)

Error    4064 -                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Object does not exist ^  (DTGP)
Is there anyone that could help me out? Thanks!
Nevermind guys it's already been fixed.

Board;GA-Z68XP-UD4. F5 Bios. Graphics; Radeon HD 6850. OS ;10.8.2

Anyone fortunate enough to get a working patched ML AppleHDA ALC889? And if so, is there any particular edits I need to make to my DSDT before I can get it working? Thanks
If you are using a dsdt from the DSDT Database, run MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC889 and restart.

If not edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00. and run MultiBeast with the selections above.

Determine Lion Audio_ID layout-id
How?? Sorry can't see it

Determine Lion Audio_ID layout-id
How?? Sorry can't see it
From the guide:
Mountain Lion Audio ID (10.8 AppleHDA.kext_v2.3.0 or newer)
1. AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio
1a. Audio ID: 1 for 5/6 port on board audio
1. Audio ID: 2 for 3 port on board audio
2. HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio
2a. Audio ID: 3 for 3/5/6 port onboard audio

For AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (HD6850), use Audio_ ID:1 (GA-Z68XP-UD4, 5/6 port audio)
Audio_ID = layout-id = 1 = 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

Hi Toleda. Have to admit defeat. I have tried editing the dsdt and it does find the text 'HDEF' so I attempt to patch it with the hdef_audio_id_1.txt, but when I try to verify the edit I see no difference. So I tried to patch using 'add_hdef.txt' and still no difference to the dsdt when I verify the edit. whenever I try to run MB and install the ALC889 drive (and therefore the modified applehda kext) the installation fails. I may have things a bit confused regarding which applehda kext is sitting in S/L/E, it may be one from Lion, or MLion can't tell. If you can provide the the original one from MLion I will install it via kextbeast and see what happens, but I am a bit lost now. I will attache a copy of the ioregistry to see if it helps, thanks.

Hey toleda after i did all what you told me to do to get 3 port audio with 5.1 working on alc889 im experiencing some hangups specially when screensaver comes up, sometimes it might go back to desktop just fine, sometimes it will hang up with no kp and no log. What are the necessary steps to go back to my one port working alc889 with no edited dsdt that made no hangs up? or is there something that got broke from the process of enabling the 3 port audio? thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back