Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks im using a dsdt built from my system, basically i need to edit the dsdt and nothing else?
Edit the dsdt, yes. S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext must be the Patched ALC889 from Multibeast. If it is not, run:
1. MultiBeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889
2. MultiBeast 4.6.1/System Utilities

Edit the dsdt, yes. S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext must be the Patched ALC889 from Multibeast. If it is not, run:
1. MultiBeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889
2. MultiBeast 4.6.1/System Utilities

Ok i got that but what is it i have to put in the dsdt the part where it says "dsdt/HDEF edits" and i edit the "layout-id" with the one matching 889?

kay i opened my dsdt so i could compare it with the one on the "optimized rlt site"

there are some differences basically this is what i have.

Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x05
})
}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x08)
{
"codec-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x89, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
},

"layout-id",
/**** Is ResourceTemplate, but EndTag not at buffer end ****/ Buffer (0x04)
{
0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
},

"device-type",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"Realtek ALC889"
},

"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (0x28)
{
/* 0000 */ 0x10, 0x90, 0xA0, 0x90, 0x20, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x02,
/* 0008 */ 0x80, 0x30, 0x81, 0x01, 0x90, 0x40, 0x21, 0x02,
/* 0010 */ 0x30, 0x40, 0x11, 0x01, 0x40, 0x10, 0x01, 0x01,
/* 0018 */ 0x50, 0x60, 0x01, 0x01, 0x60, 0x20, 0x01, 0x01,
/* 0020 */ 0x70, 0x61, 0x4B, 0x01, 0xA0, 0x01, 0xCB, 0x01
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

---------------------------------and this is what it is written on the site--------------

Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x05
})
}

{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 /* Example, use table below for correct layout-id */
},

"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}

---------------------------
btw i was using applehda with hdaenabler889 kexts from multibeast first install i don't think the dsdt was working besides i lost sound when i last updated, guess i shall delete those 2 files do multibeast plus the dsdt from above?

Ok i got that but what is it i have to put in the dsdt the part where it says "dsdt/HDEF edits" and i edit the "layout-id" with the one matching 889?

Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x05
})
}

{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x21, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 /* Example, use table below for correct layout-id */
},

"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}
Try this:
1. Download -Read_Me_First-889_AppleHDA.kext.pdf and opt_alc892_audio_screenshots.pdf from Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 888 on Lion - Update
2. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler889.kext.
3. Run MultiBeast as shown in previous post.
4. Edit dsdt/HDEF to HDEF above (Note the change in the layout-id), compile, save and install.
5. Restart
6. Verify audio

If no audio, reply with a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

The first clue is the Audio ID: 889. The whole purpose of the HDEF edits was to enable Audio ID: 289 by changing the layout-id. Step 4, above did not happen. If the edits were made, the edited dsdt.aml was not installed properly. If the edits were not made, do step 4.

Once 289 audio is working, multichannel is enabled with an aggregate device. As noted in the Read_Me_First, see Universal 5.1-channel analogue audio

Reply with the edited dsdt,aml and a new IOReg.

then im sure it was that, i didnt use multibeast to install the dsdt since the description said apart from taking edited dsdt from desktop that it was also gonna add more stuff, since i needed the dsdt in /extra/ i just copied the modified dsdt in the "extra" folder, i was afraid that enabling all those commands whith the multibeast was gonna break or change something about the os x that is working like a charm outside from the sound. Another thing that i experienced was a random crash more of a hang up when unpluggin my jack from the only working output green. I must get the dsdt to load. But will the other stuff also change stuff i dont need to?
-------------------------------------
I edited the dsdt correctly this time so now it shows id 289 instead of id 889. I tried the aggregate device and works but i cant control volume up or down and grey speaker icon and i suppose it only works when i have sound comming in 5.1, i wonder how to make it work so music works in all speakers

Attachments

• Rancor’s Mac Pro.zip
    436.9 KB · Views: 109
  • dsdt.aml
    16.1 KB · Views: 202
I edited the dsdt correctly this time so now it shows id 289 instead of id 889. I tried the aggregate device and works but i cant control volume up or down and grey speaker icon and i suppose it only works when i have sound comming in 5.1, i wonder how to make it work so music works in all speakers
The dsdt is correct, the IOReg is wrong. Did you make a new IOReg after you installed the dsdt? You cannot control the volume on an aggregate device. Select the each output individually in System Preferences/Sound/Output and set the volume and balance for each speaker pair.

The dsdt is correct, the IOReg is wrong. Did you make a new IOReg after you installed the dsdt? You cannot control the volume on an aggregate device. Select the each output individually in System Preferences/Sound/Output and set the volume and balance for each speaker pair.

Well yes what i did was, i open ioreg then went to file-save and thats what i uploaded, guess it was not before rebooting after dsdt installed.

Hello Toleda

Are you planning to fix the mute problem on ALC887 codec (v100302 current) ? or you cant overstep this problem?

Thanks a lot for your work and support, we love you ;)

Hi Toleda, and thanks for all your efforts thus far.
I am trying to re-enable audio post install of ML & finding it a bit challenging to understand exactly what I need to do.
Firstly, I am using a dsdt, & if I pick out from your article what I perceive as the relevant steps;
For all users
1. With DSDT
1a. MultiBeast_5.1.1 and newer/edits installed dsdt.aml for layout_id 1
1b. edit dsdt/HDEF for Mountain Lion Audio/layout-id 1, 2 or 3 before you install the Mountain Lion Optimized AppleHDA.
&
Summary
1. For Mountain Lion audio to work, the dsdt or enabler must be changed to Audio ID: 1 or 2 or 3 for audio to work after installation. Not making the changes results in no audio on restart.
&
Alternatives
1. Install Lion Optimized Realtek AppleHDA (no changes to dsdt or enablers in Mountain Lion)
1a. Available in MultiBeast_4.6.1/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC ...
1b. Available in MultiBeast_5.0.1/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT or Without DSDT/ALC
unquote

I am a bit confused because it says in the summary that I must edit the dsdt, then in 'Alternatives' it says "(no changes to dsdt or enablers in Mountain Lion)"
I am reading that all I need to do is follow line 1 & 1a under Alternatives.
So I have run MB v4.6.1 and tried to install;
"1a. Available in MultiBeast_4.6.1/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC"
but I get a message saying 'installation failed'
where am I going wrong?
thanks in advance.

Alternatives
1. Install Lion Optimized Realtek AppleHDA (no changes to dsdt or enablers in Mountain Lion)
1a. Available in MultiBeast_4.6.1/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC ...
1b. Available in MultiBeast_5.0.1/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT or Without DSDT/ALC

I am a bit confused because it says in the summary that I must edit the dsdt, then in 'Alternatives' it says "(no changes to dsdt or enablers in Mountain Lion)"

where am I going wrong?
Alternatives only apply if you use the Lion AppleHDA which requires the Lion Audio IDs.
For ML, use Audio ID: 1; run MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT and select the correct ALC8xx for your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back