Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion on Asus P8Z77-V Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I managed to install ML on P8Z77M-PRO and everything works fine except the sound - the OS does not see audio devices. I used MultiBeast for MT and selected different options but no one helped. Can you tell if there are specific options to select on that motherboard to enable sound?

Thanks

After another iteration sound started working. Thanks everyone for their contribution and guides - that helped a lot

Hi everybody,
I've the same Mobo but everytime I wanna setup Lion or ML , during boot up & reading the kexts & caches it restarts the system.

Would you plz. guide me how to run & reach to installation point. I'll do rest.

Thanks in advace

I have the asus p8z77v motherboard and am looking forward to installing ML on a partition of my ssd...can you confirm that ML works with just the HD4000 graphics? I dont have a graphics card yet and was waiting for ML to hackintosh...also if you could post the DSDT you used..that would be great..i didnt know we still needed those, as when I looked through the download section there was none mentioned for these boards...

I can confirm it does. I did have to use the following boot flags;

I've been trying to install ML to my Asus P8Z77-V for months now and I finally made some headway. (Yeah Me)
Once you do get to the point of trying to install you may need these boot switches.

-v cpus=1 busratio=xx GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

xx will be determined by your actual CPU, you can find out here http://ark.intel.com/ what the busratio is.......

Hello,
I'm new to hackintosh and I'm trying to install osx 10.8.2 since two days now. I got to a point where I can install OSX from the USB stick and it reboots after installation to the setup part. I get to the desktop after setup completion and can run multibeast, kextbeast etc... But after rebooting then I always get into the com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kernel panic situation.
My setup is:
Asus p8z77-v pro (BIOS 1708)
16 Ram 2333 MHZ
Intel I7-3770K @3.50 GHZ (Ivy Bridge)
Samsung SSD 840 pro basic 256 GB (connected to 6GB SATA)
WD Green 1.0T HD (connected to 3GB SATA)

My bios settings are default ( SATA Smart Mode Selection AHCI)

I used unibeast Mountain Lion 1.6.0 to create the USB Stick.
Multibeast Mountain Lion 5.2.1
KextBeast 1.0.0 with the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext file from this thread : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ultibeast-asus-p8z77-v-deluxe.html#post397067
I tried both DSTD files from above thread and from the one posted in this one I'm posting now.
However my problem is that the system kernel panics while booting with :
Kernel Extenstion in backtrace :
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(196.0)
(with and without above KextBeast patch)
I've tried with several different boot options : GraphicsEnabler=No and Yes, PCIRootUID=0 and 1 even -x and -s does not boot. It always fails with above error. Any Ideas ?
I tried to find the Multibeast versions used in the thread examples but can't seam to find the exact versions. At least 5.2.1 look different on my system. Some points like system utilities is not present.
Could it help to downgrade the bios version to 1206 ? I've seen that some how claims to have a working installation use that bios version.

Kind Regards,
Crashdog

Thank you Samisnake. I'll try that.

Regards,
Crashdog

just wanted to ask did you gey your sound working? and if yeh how?
thanks

So I have the same setup:
Asus P8z77-V Pro
Intel I5 3570k
HD 6850

Additional Harware info:
Hard drive list
OCZ agility 4 (has windows 7 installed)
Crucial M4 (this is what I want to install Mountain lion on)
3 hdd's ( 2 500gb and 1 1tb with different files on each)

What I can't seem to do is disable the
UEFI in the BIOS (I am running a newer version of the BIOS). I have downloaded a copy of Mountain Lion from the Apple store and installed unibeast on a flash drive. Each time I go to install I get the Apple loading screen and this is all that happens (see image). photo-1.JPG

Any advice would be great! I have done all the mac side steps on my macbook pro.

pull out the 6850 and install with the onboard graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back