Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion on Asus P8Z77-V Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kernel Cache should be irrelevant regarding sleep. I'm just wondering why no one on this forum or any other forum for that matter, can make this work because of the locked asus bios, yet it's working for you. Don't misunderstand, if it really works than "Three Cheers", I'm just try to figure out how you did it!

It does work.
I'm also using a patched "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext" patched using AICPMPatch by olarila! On top of that, I disabled S.M.A.R.T disk check & hot plug n play in the BIOS. I am also using the latest bios from ASUS version 1206.

Attachments

• 120719021217.jpg
    120719021217.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 7,157
  • 120727090859.jpg
    120727090859.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 7,259
I've managed to migrate from a P8P67 Pro System to a P8Z77-V Pro system without any major issues. I had Both Lion & Mountain Lion working perfectly before. I installed the "MacBookProMid2012SoftwareUpd1.0.dmg" update prior to making the transition. I then patched "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext" to allow for speedstep capability on the new motherboard. I then shutdown my Hackintosh & swapped the "P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 + i5 2500k" for my new system "P8Z77-V Pro + i5 3570k". I then reinstalled Windows 7 & MacDrive in order to access my Mac boot drive and change the DSDT to a new one, created in windows with the necessary patches. I then altered the Bios to disable UEFI in the boot menu in particular & also change other settings to what I had in the old P8P67.
Everything is working well; Sound, Internet, Graphics, Sleep, Auto-Sleep, Ethernet, SteedStep (5 states),but no USB 3.0

Can you login in icloud and app store?

Yes I can login to iCloud & App Store!

can someone help me I cant believe my biggest problem right now is just trying to get the usb to boot on my asus p8z77v motherboard...i plug in the usb and go to boot menu and select the usb but it still boots into windows...WTF...this is driving me crazy! Anyone have any ideas? I didnt see an option to disable fast boot..idk...

[EDIT] - SO i figure i did something wrong with making the unibeast usb...idk why this is so difficult for me...looks simple..can someone give me better instructions...

[EDIT] - Ok so i figured out that you cant use ML to run unibeast to make the ML bootable drive...I was trying to run it using my macbook with ML and seems like unibeast isnt compatible or something...so it didnt create the usb drive properly...booted into snow leopard and used unibeast then to make the bootable drive and everything is fine now...

[EDIT] - Ok so got it to boot from the unibeast drive but it just gets stuck at the white apple screen...my god..slowly but surely i guess...i know this has been talked about so ill go search...

[EDIT] - Just tried remaking the unibeast drive with the legacy usb support option checked and still not able to boot....while booting in verbose mode it keeps saying 'Still waiting for root device'...anybody?
bump?

@desiromeo

You can try to install Mountain Lion with xmove Mountain Lion.
Create an installer partitition with Mountain Lion on your harddrive and boot from the installer partition.
This worked for me..

@charliebounce

I've managed to migrate from a P8P67 Pro System to a P8Z77-V Pro system without any major issues. I had Both Lion & Mountain Lion working perfectly before. I installed the "MacBookProMid2012SoftwareUpd1.0.dmg" update prior to making the transition. I then patched "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext" to allow for speedstep capability on the new motherboard. I then shutdown my Hackintosh & swapped the "P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 + i5 2500k" for my new system "P8Z77-V Pro + i5 3570k". I then reinstalled Windows 7 & MacDrive in order to access my Mac boot drive and change the DSDT to a new one I created in Ubuntu Live CD with the necessary patches. I then altered the Bios to disable UEFI in the boot menu in particular & also change other settings to what I had in the old P8P67.
Everything is working well; Sound, Internet, Graphics, Sleep, Auto-Sleep, Ethernet, SteedStep (5 states),but no USB 3.0

Does the USB 3.0 from the intel chipset not work or from the asmedia controller?

Asus P8Z77-V Pro

I managed as well to finally boot ML with the Asus P8Z77-V Pro. (Migrated from a Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 and Radeon HD 6879)
Audio works fine with connected Speakers - it is shown as "Internal Speakers"
The Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 works fine as well. (I had to remove my 24" Apple LED Display though, because it does seem to be not working with an Display Port to MDP Adapter)
Only strange Issue I got is that on boot it opens all my optical drives and ML creates two Burn Folders on the Desktop (Untitled)
In order to boot I had to remove the "Extras" Folder, I now got a Boot Menu from the Bios, which seems to work better now. So no Chameleon for me at the Moment.
Access to iTunes, iCloud and iMessage works just fine.
Oh, and now in ML my Hardware is shown as "iMac" instead of MacPro 3.1 as before

doesn't work sleep.
anyone help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back