Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toleda,

Thanks. I hope I have enough information for you.

GA-H55M-USB3, rev 2.0, F10 bios
i7 860
DSDT Method with Multibeast

1. Combo Update (like always)
2. Multibeast (failed)
3. Repair permissions
4. Rebuild Cache
5. Restart

I've installed many updates all the way from Snow Leopard. Anytime I needed to, I rolled back ALC889. But for some reason, 10.8.5 was the camel back that broke the straw. This time was different than other times the audio didn't work and I needed to rollback: this time, I can still increase/decrease the audio slider, though nothing is coming out of my speakers.

When you have a moment, please see attached archive with a bunch of stuff. I went through the troubleshooting, but some of it is hard for me to follow. Hopefully everything you're looking for, plus more, is attached. I appreciate everything you do the the tm86 community.

-Marosell

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3 MB · Views: 70
1. Combo Update (like always)
2. Multibeast (failed)
3. Repair permissions
4. Rebuild Cache
5. Restart
AppleHDA.kext did not load. With the IOReg attached, the AppleTV is enabling volume, etc.
dsdt/HDEF/layout-id is wrong, should be 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 MultiBeast should have edited layout-id.
Need to see Console/All Messages/MultiBeast. Screenshot is not helpful, the log may have clues.
Need a screenshot of About This Mac/..../System Information/Software/Extensions - Select appleHDA.kext.

Alrighty, lets see if this helps.

Attachments

• console-during-multibeast.jpg
    console-during-multibeast.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 126
  • software-extensions.png
    software-extensions.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 178
Alrighty, lets see if this helps.
Time Machine is most of the activity. However, the app "Installer" message is unusual and there is clearly a kernelcache problem. Need more of the log; in Console, highlight from the boot to the windowserver messages, Save Selection As... and attached the file. In your Extensions screenshot, there should be 2 AppleHDAs, you have one; AppleHDA is not loading.

You got it boss.

If it would help you, I have a Carbon Copy of 10.8.4 with audio working and can run any of these diagnostics on it. Additionally, I can screenshare with you if you ever want to get in.

I will say that you will see some HDAEnabler in this console file. I tried the no-dsdt method after dsdt didn't work. When that didn't work either, I removed the enabler, repaired permissions and rebuilt the cache. Thus the "no such file" errors for the enabler.

Attachments

• All Messages.log.zip
    72.7 KB · Views: 81
Lots of problems. No AppleHDA, wrong layout-id (not the Interim), with or without a dsdt? Install MultiBeast 889 audio and reply with IOReg and dsdt, if installed.

board Ga-X79s-up5

my ioreg using Multibeast 889 + HDAEnabler from Page 1
Using Layout 1, 2, 3 none works...

thanks

Attachments

• myioreg.zip
    543.8 KB · Views: 74
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 89
Pinconfigs are correct. Be very specific; what is playing on what, what is connected to what. Post a screenshot with the player playing and System Preferences/Sound/Output selection and note what jack the speakers are plugged.

OK I try to be more specific:
- Mainboard GA-Z87X-D3H ALC892 Audio, on the backpanel yellow, blue, orange, pink, black, optical jacks
- speakers are connected to the orange jack, front panel audio (headphones, mic) are correctly connected to the Motherboard, when connecting headphones system preferences change from internal speaker to headphones automatically
- System Preferences screenshot in the attachment
- I try playing songs in iTunes, Player won't start playing any mp3 file unless I switch audio output to Apple-TV. When I switch back to Computer the song stops (seconds stop counting even though the player is set to play)

Thanks for your help, hope we can figure this out!

Preferences.jpg

board Ga-X79s-up5
my ioreg using Multibeast 889 + HDAEnabler from Page 1
Thanks for clearing up the confusion. Your profile has a different machine. The previous instructions were not correct for your x79 system.

As noted here, Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx.
Unsupported/Non Working Audio ML Optimized AppleHDA
"3. Any X79 motherboard - no sound,"
see Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA.

Your IOReg shows HDEF/Layout-id as 3; not possible with the enabler and there is no dsdt/HDEF.

Your audio problem has nothing to do the 10.8.5 update issues. You cannot use MultiBeast for x79 audio; install the Interim solution.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion. Your profile has a different machine. The previous instructions were not correct for your x79 system.

As noted here, Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx.
Unsupported/Non Working Audio ML Optimized AppleHDA
"3. Any X79 motherboard - no sound,"
see Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA.

Your IOReg shows HDEF/Layout-id as 3; not possible with the enabler and there is no dsdt/HDEF.

Your audio problem has nothing to do the 10.8.5 update issues. You cannot use MultiBeast for x79 audio; install the Interim solution.

the Interim solution not working with 10.8.5 update...

This Ioreg using AppleHDA interim on 10.8.5...

Attachments

• IoregInterim.zip
    521.5 KB · Views: 100
  • All Messageslog.log.zip
    96.6 KB · Views: 73
If it would help you, I have a Carbon Copy of 10.8.4 with audio working and can run any of these diagnostics on it. Additionally, I can screenshare with you if you ever want to get in.
In your earlier post, this comment appears:
2. Multibeast (failed)

That says there is a problem. In your log are these messages:
com.apple.kextcache[453] Link failed (error code 5).
com.apple.kextcache[453] Prelink failed for net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI; aborting prelink.
com.apple.kextcache[453] Failed to generate prelinked kernel
com.apple.kextcache[452] Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[453] exited with status 71.
com.apple.kextcache[452] Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.
com.apple.kextd[12] kextcache error while updating / (error count: 27)
Installer[578] The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
com.apple.kextd[12] /: kextcache has had enough tries; not launching any more

You rebooted with corrupt kernel cache.

Your audio problems are not caused by audio, the kernel cache problem results in no audio.
Try:
1. Delete S/L/E/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
2. Download DPCIManager | Free System Administration software downloads at SourceForge.net
3. DPCIManager/Rebuild Cache
4. if errors, delete the problem kext, repeat Step 3.
4. Restart only if there are no errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back