Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found something.
VoodooHDA 2.8.4

However, it enables my sound but, the sound crackles. SSE2 & 44100Hz in MIDI Setup nothing works.

AppleHDA may solve the problem. But, I can't use that as I've no DSDT for my mobo (GA-G41M-Combo ALC887).

I've found something.
VoodooHDA 2.8.4

However, it enables my sound but, the sound crackles. SSE2 & 44100Hz in MIDI Setup nothing works.

AppleHDA may solve the problem. But, I can't use that as I've no DSDT for my mobo (GA-G41M-Combo ALC887).

Send me an untouched DSDT, I make the necessary edits for you.

Hi, here's my issue:

1.Problem: Audio was working on ML 10.8.2, after combo update to 10.8.4 no output devices found

2.HW: Gigabyte Q77-D2H (rev. 1.0, codec ALC887), i7 3770, OS X ML 10.8.4, HD4000
3.Procedure: this guide
4.Without DSDT
5.-8. in attachment

Attachments

• shargath’s Mac Pro.zip
    606.7 KB · Views: 79
1.Problem: Audio was working on ML 10.8.2, after combo update to 10.8.4 no output devices found
After every Software Update, you must reinstall audio. The Update installs the native AppleHDA.kext. 887 audio does not work with the native kext. You have the native AppleHDA.kext installed.

MultiBeast 5.4 or newer - Select-Drivers & Bootloaders-Drivers-Audio-Realtek ALC8xx-Without DSDT √ALC887 Current.
Restart.

Hi toleda, I did that right after combo update, and then repaired permissions, however after rebooting I had no audio. I've red in some comment under update topic, to backup before update native AppleHDA.kext and try it... so I did that also...

anyway
Audio-Realtek ALC8xx-Without DSDT √ALC887 Current does not work for me

anyway Audio-Realtek ALC8xx-Without DSDT √ALC887 Current does not work for me
My reply was based on your IOReg. I don't know what you did or did not do. The MultiBeast/ALC887/AppleHDA.kext was not installed and the result is always no audio. Since you did not include an IOReg for whatever you did recently, I have no idea whether the first problem was solved or there is another problem. You ask for help and expect me to know what happened between you and the keyboard with the only information provided is "does not work for me"; not helpful. You get to solve your problem.

Try Post #1, III. Audio Problem Solving. If you can't fix audio, see Part IV. Problem Reporting.

Same for me, did a clean installation of 10.8.5 on my Haswell build an no audio after Multibeast installation. Using ALC892 on Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H
Try Post #1, III. Audio Problem Solving in Post #1. If you can't fix audio, see Part IV. Problem Reporting.

Toleda, I was using Interim AppleHDA on 10.8.4 working fine
but now update to 10.8.5 not working anymore

so I try this AppleHDA and i did III. Audio Problem Solving but none work

I sent my ioreg.

Thanks

Attachments

• myioreg.zip
    543.8 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back