Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we post in another thread or in this one? Anyways, I installed the combo update, installed with DSDT ALC 889, rebooted, and my audio is greyed out.
You have the same problem as the others, no AppleHDA. Do you or did you have S/L/E/GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed? At this time, the only solution may be a clean 10.8.5 install.

You have the same problem as the others, no AppleHDA. Do you or did you have S/L/E/GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed? At this time, the only solution may be a clean 10.8.5 install.

I don't have the GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed. Is there anyway to restore the AppleHDA from a backup? I have a recovery partition installed. Also, I tried to install my AppleHDA from a time machine backup using Kext Wizard, but this didn't work. Thanks for the help.

1. Have working RearGreen (internal), RearPink (mic), HDMI (Nvidia GF GT 640). Can make agregate device in Audo-MIDI, than setup it as multichannel 5.1 - but can't take any sound from SW, Center and Rear. FrontGreen and FrontPink also don't work.
  2. GA-Z77P-D3 / Intel Pentium G2120 / OS X 10.8.4-10.8.5 / Nvidia GF GT 640
  3. Postinstall: MultiBeast 5.4.3//Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC8xx/ALC887/v100302 Current. AppleHDA.kext version 2.3.7-toledaALC887cur
  4. Extra/dsdt.aml - not installed
  5. Copy of IOReg attached
  6. Console/All Messages/kernel Sound Assertions selected/Save Selection As….. - attached
  7. Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices) - attached
  8. Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Graphics/Displays - attached

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 128
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 123
  • Sound Assertions.log
    331 bytes · Views: 97
  • TorAllex.ioreg
    2.3 MB · Views: 95
Is there anyway to restore the AppleHDA from a backup? I have a recovery partition installed.
At this time, it is proven the problem is not the kext; the native AppleHDA.kext shows the same symptoms. Restore your backup. When you did the 10.8.5 Update, did MultiBeast complete successfully or with an error?

At this time, it is proven the problem is not the kext; the native AppleHDA.kext shows the same symptoms. Restore your backup. When you did the 10.8.5 Update, did MultiBeast complete successfully or with an error?

-I have the same problem with AppleHDA.kext not loading
-multibeast never failed for me on numerous attempts
-update was performed w/downloaded combo update, no through software update

1. Have working RearGreen (internal), RearPink (mic), HDMI (Nvidia GF GT 640). Can make agregate device in Audo-MIDI, than setup it as multichannel 5.1 - but can't take any sound from SW, Center and Rear. FrontGreen and FrontPink also don't work.
  2. GA-Z77P-D3 / Intel Pentium G2120 / OS X 10.8.4-10.8.5 / Nvidia GF GT 640
Your first clue there is a problem is the missing orange (sub, center) and black (rear) ports on the motherboard.... That is not an OS X problem. There is an OS X solution, set Audio ID to 2. More info, see Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx and one or both of the Downloads/pdfs.

Regarding the front mic and headphone problem, that is a hardware problem (case, connector, motherboard, HD Auio only, etc.)

-I have the same problem with AppleHDA.kext not loading.
I don't know what causes the problem nor do I know at this time how to fix it. Once the problem occurs, the choices are: 1. restore 10.8.4 back up or 2. fresh install of 10.8.5.

Your first clue there is a problem is the missing orange (sub, center) and black (rear) ports on the motherboard.... That is not an OS X problem. There is an OS X solution, set Audio ID to 2. More info, see Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx and one or both of the Downloads/pdfs.

Regarding the front mic and headphone problem, that is a hardware problem (case, connector, motherboard, HD Auio only, etc.)

Thanks, man! You helped me to open my eyes - I have not orange or black ports on my mobo. All was I need - install HDAEnabler2.kext (optional for 3-ports motherboard).
Front ports still no working, but it not important for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back