Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks,

System:
Intel i7 3770
Geoforce GTX660
Gigabyte GA-z77x-UP5TH
16GB Corsair RAM

I have been running my system quite happily for around 6 months. I lost sound whilst updating the graphics card drivers recently...it just says no output/input devices found in system prefs.

I reinstalled the OS (10.8.4) and used multibeast as instructed - still no luck so I continued through this guide to . When I ran Ioreg last night it only found IOHDACodecDevice@1B,2.... Today when I tried it again it finds nothing when I type IOHDA.

Has my motherboard audio just conked out or am I doing something wrong? If it is hardware failure do I need a new motherboard or will I be able to install a separate sound card and get audio that way?

Thanks in advance!

No idea. See Post #1.

Thanks for your reply Toleda, I am trying to work through post #1 but can only get as far as this with Ioreg. (see attached)

There is no IOHDACodecDevice@1B,0 listed. Does this mean the motherboard sound chip is fried?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 9.50.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 9.50.21 AM.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 167
There is no IOHDACodecDevice@1B,0 listed. Does this mean the motherboard sound chip is fried?
No way to know, you are looking in the wrong place. A screenshot of IOReg is useless. How did you miss the first paragraph in Post #1; "Posts to this thread must include....."

Hi guys

I'm trying to use onboard audio; I can hear audio but there is a background noise.
This noise is not always equal, it kinda changes every now and then; it seems also it gets interference from what other hardware is doing. Its level does not depend on the volume setting for the output.

edit: I realize that this noise really seems to react to changes on screen, for example UI animations (moving windows, minimize, slide etc) undoubtedtly interfere with the noise

Running Gigabyte Z68X-UH5 / i2500k / OSX 10.8.5 and Nvidia GeForce GTS250.
(same issue on OS X 10.8.4, tried updating but no luck with the noise)

After updating to 10.8.5 I ran Multibeast 5.5.5 with the User DSDT for my motherboard, and additionally ticked "Without DSDT" Realtek ALC889 and "Optional 3 port Audio".

Any help is really appreciated!
thanks

Attachments

• assertions.log
    806 bytes · Views: 113
  • myhacpro.ioreg.zip
    419.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 10.36.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 10.36.48 AM.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 10.37.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-17 at 10.37.21 AM.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 124
  • DSDT.aml
    15.5 KB · Views: 130
After updating to 10.8.5 I ran Multibeast 5.5.5 with the User DSDT for my motherboard, and additionally ticked "Without DSDT" Realtek ALC889 and "Optional 3 port Audio".
Every problem you have is noted in Post #1. The root cause; making the wrong audio selection. There is only one correct audio selection for each system. If the first selection fails, the next attempt will fail even if it is the correct selection. Solution: do the research to identify the one correct audio selection.

Rules:
With a dsdt, (i.e. Multibeast/User DSDT) use MultiBeast/Audio/With DSDT/ALC---
Without a dsdt, use MultiBeast/Audio/Without DSDT/ALC---

If the first selection fails, the next attempt will fail even if it is the correct selection.
:think: I'm not sure what you mean... If next attempts will fail how do I fix it?

With a dsdt, (i.e. Multibeast/User DSDT) use MultiBeast/Audio/With DSDT/ALC---
So this was my mistake, I should choose With DSTD within Multibeast... I swear I have no idea where I got the idea to use the other one :confused:

Thanks for replying

So interesting problem after using:

Multibeast 5.5.5 on my Hackintosh 10.8.5 with Gigabyte Z77X mobo:

In preferences/audio, I have entries in Output and Input but they are messed up:

Input: Only has my USB camera's microphone
Output: Has the usual outs like Line Out and Digital Out, but also shows External Microphone and Line In

I do get audio on Line Out just fine, but clearly I get no use of an external microphone if it's in the output.

Tried the Optimized audio_ALC898_master's terminal file audio_alc898-85_patch.command to no effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back