Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install again:
MultiBeast 5.5 or newer - Select: Drivers & Bootloaders > Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Without DSDT √ ALC898
Download, install and run DPCIManager | Free System Administration software downloads at SourceForge.net
Reply with a DPCIManager/Status screenshot and new IOReg.

Done and done. I have not rebooted yet ( I will after posting this) as I have a large format print currently being printed.

Rebooted... SOUND!

I can't tell you how many times I tried this yesterday. I tried both 898 (always without DSDT) and 892. Obviously, I must have missed something.

Thanks! (You da man... where do I send the beer money? Seriously :))

Attachments

• Mark’s Mac Pro .2.ioreg
    5.2 MB · Views: 134
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-16 at 10.04.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-16 at 10.04.59 AM.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 227
On gigabyte X79 UD3:
-use the ALC898 kext from MB 5.5.5
-replace npci=0x3000 with npci=0x2000
-reboot and all sound preferences are available

-as per twistedsystems post (although he was working with a different board I have confirmed that it works with X79)

Hi toleda,

I was hoping you could confirm whether or not I'm on the right topic with this problem of mine - before i make an elaborate post.
I have been googling, and lurking the forums all night yesterday and couldn't seem to find an issue identical to mine.

Until recently sound had been working fine on 10.8.5, but for some reason when i booted yesterday, out of nowhere, I had no sound. That is, i had no sound when logged in as a user. I have sound at the login screen, I can turn it up and down - no problem. But as soon as I log in I have no sound. If i try to turn the volume up or down I get the message you usually get when having updated the system and need to reinstall the audio kext.
If i unplug my speakers and reboot the system, I can still turn the volume up and down at the login screen, so it seems as though the system picks up another audio device besides my speakers. I can't remember exactly how many are listed in Preferences/Sound, but I'll attach a pic when I get home.

I'm currently at work, but if it turns out that this isn't off-topic I will gladly submit my IOreg and go through the steps listed in your post when I get home no matter what - but I thought that perhaps this might be related to something else.
Needless to say, I do not have npci=0x3000 in org.chameleon.plist

My specs: ASUS P8Z77 V-LE, Intel i5 3570K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @1600mhz, nVidia Geforce GTX 560ti 448 cuda core edition.

The ALC892 is the one that has been working for me ever since i built my hackintosh, and that is the one I have tried reinstalling countless times. I have no DSDT, and I am of course installing ALC892 without DSDT. I've also installed all the other ALC8xx with no luck as well as Voodoo

Any help what-so-ever would be greatly appreciated.

No one has gotten audio to work with the wrong audio choices. See Post #1.

Not really sure why you would point that out specifically out of everything I wrote.. I was troubleshooting so I tried the different drivers to see if anything would change. But as you said installing a wrong driver did jack.

Anyway, it seems the problem emanated from having plugged my electric guitar in to the digital in plug. I'm not 100% sure that was the issue, but after i took it out and reinstalled the ALC892 kext audio was working again.

So if anyone has a similar issue and is amplifying their guitar through Garageband or some other software, this might be a solution for you.

Thanks for the support you're giving this community toleda!

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I have been having issues with my audio (crackling, distortion, cut outs, etc). What's odd is that I am using an audio interface (Symphony I/O USB) and I figured I wouldn't even have to be worrying about audio codecs...

Is it safe to assume that a fresh re-install of ML without any audio codecs via MultiBeast will solve these issues?

GA-Z87X-UD5H Motherboard
Intel i7 4770k CPU
Lion OS X 10.8.5
Apogee Symphony I/O USB audio interface

Here's my DPCI screenshot:
Screen Shot 2013-12-16 at 4.48.57 PM.png

Is it safe to assume that a fresh re-install of ML without any audio codecs via MultiBeast will solve these issues?
Not likely, OS X and Linux have audio problems on 8 series motherboards. Try:
1. native (10.8.5/AppleHDA.kext)
2. MultiBeast 5.5.5 (10.8.5/AppleHDA.kext)
3. MultiBeast 5.4.3 (10.8.4/AppleHDA.kext)
4. Last resort, Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA* (10.6.2/AppleHDA.kext)
*Install with HDAEnabler898.kext or dsdt/HDEF/layout-id: 0x82, 0x03, 0x00 ,0x00

Not likely, OS X and Linux have audio problems on 8 series motherboards. Try:
1. native (10.8.5/AppleHDA.kext)
2. MultiBeast 5.5.5 (10.8.5/AppleHDA.kext)
3. MultiBeast 5.4.3 (10.8.4/AppleHDA.kext)
4. Last resort, Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA* (10.6.2/AppleHDA.kext)
*Install with HDAEnabler898.kext or dsdt/HDEF/layout-id: 0x82, 0x03, 0x00 ,0x00

Will do this first thing in the morning when I get back into the studio and report back with results.. Thanks for the help.

Will do this first thing in the morning when I get back into the studio and report back with results.. Thanks for the help.

First 3 steps didn't resolve the issue. The 4th step didn't either but I'll be honest and admit I was a little lost on how to go about it. Read the readme and everything but it just kind of went over my head.. All I basically did was install the kext.

Upon searching S/L/E I realized I don't have an HDEnabler.kext or some of the other kexts that the readme mentioned to delete.

I wish I was more computer savvy at this point because I am just becoming frustrated and its becoming very easy to want to give up.

Assuming the worst case scenario, is it better to maybe just buy a different MOBO that plays nicer with OS X's audio or is this something I will just have to figure out regardless.

Thanks for the advice either way. This is a very helpful community.

Hi,

i've got unfortunatly a audio problem after I switched my Asus P8P67 for a Gigabyte Z77-DS3H today. Besides the audio problems everything else seems to work flawless. I've read the first post very carefully and tried to follow it, but in the middle i discovered that it is a little outdated with the current MB version 555. I will try to explain the problem as detailed as possible.

Current Setup: OSX 10.8.5 on Gigabyte Z77-DS3H Rev. 1.1 with ALC 887, i5-2500k, AMD Sapphire 5870, 8GB Ram

I've installed the current MB 5.5.5 version of the ALC 887/888b (v100302 Current), after that repaired the permissions and cleared the cache with DPCI Manager. But still no sound after a reboot. I've tried that multible times but it did not work unfortunatly. The Audio Layout in "About this Mac" is Intel High Definition Audio: Audio-ID: 1. I have attached all informations which could be helpful and uploaded my current AppleHDA.kext and my HDAEnabler1.kext as zip as well in case you need that too. If you need any further information just ask.

I would be very glad for help. Thanks with the awesome work so far!
Best regards,
Frell

Attachments

• DPCImanager.png
    DPCImanager.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Hackintosh.ioreg
    2 MB · Views: 111
  • Hackintosh.acpi
    46.1 KB · Views: 131
  • HDA.zip
    822.4 KB · Views: 101