Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Toleda!

I did as you recommended and installed 10.8.5 from scratch. Still no sound. I followed your problem solving guide again and will provide all the gathered information as an attachment in this post. I would very much appreciate if you could take a look at it.

Here we go:

1. Description of audio problem
No sound after 10.8.5 installation from scratch. Used Multibeast as recommended without DSDT. System preferences and IOReg entries can be found as an attachment. While the computer starts up I hear "thumping" noises in my speakers. Can't play mp3 files in iTunes or any other sounds (VLC, Quicktime, Youtube ect.)

2. Motherboard/Processor/OS Version/Graphics
- Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
- Intel 4770k
- OSX 10.8.5
- MSI Geforce GTX770

3. Procedure/Guide used/Apple HDA kext version
- used your guide, installed with newest MultiBeast, Audio drivers without dsdt, ALC892
- HDAkext versions as screenshot

AppleHDAkext.jpg

4. no extras

5. ioReg file View attachment ioReg.zip

6. console messages View attachment consolemessages.log

7. sysinfo intel HDAudio

sysinformationscreen.jpg

8. sysinfo graphics

sysinformationscreengraphics.jpg

To clarify, 10.8.5/Interim is not working on your system.
Confirmed: 10.8.5 Combo Update/Interim AppleHDA.kext is working.

so Interim not working on 10.8.5 x79 system anymore?.... :(

Same. Installed the attached AppleHDA.kext and it works properly in my system. That indicates the problem is not the AppleHDA.kext (both native and patched work).

If you or anyone else is interested, Test 3
1. Finder/Move to Trash/S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext. Give the system a minute or two to rebuild cache.
2. Restart.
3. MultiBeast/audio
4. Restart
5. Reply with System Information/Software/Extensions/AppleHDA and IOReg.

so Interim not working on 10.8.5 x79 system anymore?.... :(
We agree Interim is not working on your 10.8.5 x79 system. Your Interim IOReg shows the same symptom as others are reporting after the 10.8.5 Combo Update; AppleHDA binary is not loading after the update.

Problem solved!

This is what I did hoping it will help others, too.

1. downloaded the following kext package

2. installed kext files with Kextwizard

3. rebuild permission and cache with Kextwizard

4. reboot -> sound working flawlessly incl. mic, front audio etc.

This worked for ALC892 on Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H

Problem solved!

This is what I did hoping it will help others, too.

1. downloaded the following kext package

2. installed kext files with Kextwizard

3. rebuild permission and cache with Kextwizard

4. reboot -> sound working flawlessly incl. mic, front audio etc.

This worked for ALC892 on Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H
There was no problem with your chipset (ALC892).
The problem is still there with ALC889...

I re-installed, restored from a Time Machine backup, and everything worked as Toleda said. However, I just changed my system definition to Imac 27-Inch, and I just lost the audio again. I have changed back to Mac Pro 3,1 and the same problem persists. Should I re-install again? Or are there any recommendations you can give me? Hopefully the fact that the system definition messed the audio up offers some clues as to what's happening here.

I re-installed, restored from a Time Machine backup, and everything worked as Toleda said. However, I just changed my system definition to Imac 27-Inch, and I just lost the audio again. I have changed back to Mac Pro 3,1 and the same problem persists. Should I re-install again? Or are there any recommendations you can give me? Hopefully the fact that the system definition messed the audio up offers some clues as to what's happening here.

The fix has been found. One must remove npci=0x3000 from the org.chameleon.boot.plist file.
Credit to twistedsystems in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/108823-problem-after-updating-10-8-5-a-7.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back