Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backed up from my CarbonCopy. Deleted the genericusb kext, reinstalled and ran multibeast before reboot. Successful install, but no audio. See attached ioreg.

What are other options? Is that it for alc889 from now on?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    498.7 KB · Views: 64
At this time, it is proven the problem is not the kext; the native AppleHDA.kext shows the same symptoms. Restore your backup. When you did the 10.8.5 Update, did MultiBeast complete successfully or with an error?
Multibeast completed without any errors. What I meant to say, is that I have a Unibeast partition set up on my drive, and I was wondering if there was any way to fix this error from that partition. But I understand if there's no fix to this yet; thanks for all your help. If there is anything I can do to help you try to troubleshoot this, let me know.

Backed up from my CarbonCopy. Deleted the genericusb kext, reinstalled and ran multibeast before reboot. Successful install, but no audio. See attached ioreg.
You used the process that fails. If you or anyone else are up for this:
1. Restore the 10.8.4 backup
2, Delete S/L/E/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
3. Run the 10.8.5 Combo Update
4. Do not install MultiBeast/audio
5. Restart
6. IOReg
7. Screenshot of System Information/Software/Extensions/Select AppleHDA

The result is no audio, however, the IOreg and screenshot will indicate if native AppleHDA.kext is loading properly. Reply with IOReg and screenshot. Thanks.

Multibeast completed without any errors. What I meant to say, is that I have a Unibeast partition set up on my drive, and I was wondering if there was any way to fix this error from that partition. But I understand if there's no fix to this yet; thanks for all your help. If there is anything I can do to help you try to troubleshoot this, let me know.

-fresh install with unibeast 2.0.2 and ML downloaded from app store yesterday with 10.8.5 already slipstreamed
-multibeast 5.4.3 ran w/out a hitch, your ALC889 kext installed w/DSDT, audio success

Thanks again for your work here!!

You used the process that fails. If you or anyone else are up for this:
1. Restore the 10.8.4 backup
2, Delete S/L/E/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
3. Run the 10.8.5 Combo Update
4. Do not install MultiBeast/audio
5. Restart
6. IOReg
7. Screenshot of System Information/Software/Extensions/Select AppleHDA

The result is no audio, however, the IOreg and screenshot will indicate if native AppleHDA.kext is loading properly. Reply with IOReg and screenshot. Thanks.

Glad to do it. See attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 124
  • ioreg.ioreg
    2 MB · Views: 104
Glad to do it. See attached.
Thanks. This is very helpful. It shows the problem occurs with the Update, not MultiBeast. Attach the installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext. If you have time, lets try a solution:

Test 1. Run KextBeast, restart.
Reply with Screenshot of System Information/Software/Extensions/Select AppleHDA, IOReg and the AppleHDA.kext.
If no AppleHDA, select AppleHDAController

-fresh install with unibeast 2.0.2 and ML downloaded from app store yesterday with 10.8.5 already slipstreamed
-multibeast 5.4.3 ran w/out a hitch, your ALC889 kext installed w/DSDT, audio success
Thanks, you've identified the the best, though, inconvenient solution.

Thanks. This is very helpful. It shows the problem occurs with the Update, not MultiBeast. Attach the installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext. If you have time, lets try a solution:

Test 1. Run KextBeast, restart.
Reply with Screenshot of System Information/Software/Extensions/Select AppleHDA, IOReg and the AppleHDA.kext.
If no AppleHDA, select AppleHDAController

Run KextBeast by itself without any kext's on the desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back