Graphics
Msi twinfrozr 1g
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im having real trouble getting mountain lion to startup.
everything went fine to start with. it installed fine, i was able to boot into my install and run multibeast.
but after that iv had no luck. when i select my mountain lion disk it starts listing kexts on the screen.
after about 17 pages it just restarts.
i can boot back into it by selecting usb as boot disk. iv tried booting verbose etc... with no luck.

iv been running snow leopard fine for ages. but wanted to upgrade. i still have my snow leopard install working fine.

any help would be very much appreciated.

cheers
Fulstop

I have the same motherboard and was able to get Mountain Lion installed with a bit of difficulty. In my case, MultiBeast couldn't rebuild the kext cache. Did you see an "Installation Failed" warning after installing MultiBeast 5.0.2? If so, try these instructions to remove the offending kexts:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...-0-2-unibeast-1-5-3-ml-10-8-1-ml-fix.rtfd.zip

(taken from this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...t-fails-5-0-2-unibeast-1-5-3-ml-10-8-1-a.html )

Good luck!

i can run multibeast installation fine. says it works perfectly. i tried a fresh install and did the sudo kext cache etc nothing came up. ran multibeast and did the sudo kextcache again. still nothing.
when i try to boot into it still just lists kexts for ages then restarts.
i dont really know what to do from here.
iv got the dsdt from the database. made sure its the right one bios version.
disconnected usb except for keyboard and mouse. checked that my hdd isnt a 4k one needing macmans fix.
thats about where my knowledge ends.
thanks for the help
fulstop

Had a similar problem with this board, make sure all is ok with your bootloader use Chameleon Wizard or similar to check, also with mine it didn't like it if the system disk was not on disk0 identifier, so had to swap the hdd cable round. Good luck.
By the way the only way I can get sleep to work properly is using the `PleaseSleep' app, how about you?

finally managed to get this working.
i just got an ssd and tried a fresh install. but had the same problem.
then i tried unplugging my old hdd and it booted perfectly first time!
so i just selected the ssd to boot first in bios and voila!
sound isnt working yet and neither is sleep. havent looked into it yet.
thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back