Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to know if it's worth tackling or do I HAVE to get HD3000 (i3-2105 etc.)
Graphics must be recognized and enabled in OS X for HDMI audio. HDMI audio is not possible with the 2100.

Is is possible to get HDMI audio from the graphics card if the motherboard does NOT have HDMI output (i.e. change to HD3000 CPU)?

Is is possible to get HDMI audio from the graphics card if the motherboard does NOT have HDMI output (i.e. change to HD3000 CPU)?
No. HDMI audio only works when an HDMI device is connected.

Toleda your edits are great !!!

You helped me get HDMI audio working on my Galaxy GT 430.
Your mods to MB got my onboard working after the HDMI was done.

Your code is bullet proof.
I put in a Galaxy GT 640 without making any adjustments.

Eureka it worked perfectly. HDMI audio and board audio survived.

I thought for sure I would have to redo edits on a new DSDT but I did not.

Having finally wrangled a free evening from the family to work on this, I think I'm nearly there but stuck and need help, sorry to bug you guys.

* I have GA-Z77-DS3H v1.1 + i3-3225 + Intel HD4000 + OS X 10.8.2, no additional card
* I extracted my DSDT, patched it until it had no errors, and tested that I could reboot with it in /Extra/DSDT.aml. No noticeable changes though I verified it was read via bdmesg.
* I downloaded the Snow Leopard IORegistryExplorer and saved out a copy of what it showed.
* I followed directions in HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.
** Gathering info from IOReg went OK (the set of MEI info didn't match up with the sample screenshot but I believe it's 1e3a.)
** I'm not sure I understand the tables on page 8 of the read me… I'm 7 series EFI. No idea what state the columns are supposed to represent, or what I'm supposed to do with this info….?
** Editing the patch, all I did was edit 1, change layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 (was 0x10000000)…
** Not at all sure what to do for edits 2, 3, and 4… how do I know if they're necessary? Can't figure out what the table is supposed to show… oh well.
* Applied the patch in DSDT Editor, verify I have HDEF, PEGP, GFX0, HDAU, and IGPU device entries.
* Verified it compiled cleanly, saved as new .aml, and replaced /Extra/DSDT.aml with it (I verified there was a binary diff between them)
* I have no idea what "verify S/L/E and org.chameleon.Boot.plist" means
* Crossed fingers and rebooted…
* No HDMI Audio Output listed in Sound/Outputs preferences. :(

Per troubleshooting directions, find attached DSDT.aml and IOReg backup. I'm trying, really I am… Can anyone help or explain where I might have gone wrong?

TIA, bretula

Attachments

• DSDTandIOReg.zip
    448.7 KB · Views: 72
Having finally wrangled a free evening from the family to work on this, I think I'm nearly there but stuck and need help,
** Gathering info from IOReg went OK (the set of MEI info didn't match up with the sample screenshot but I believe it's 1e3a.)
** I'm not sure I understand the tables on page 8 of the read me… I'm 7 series EFI. No idea what state the columns are supposed to represent, or what I'm supposed to do with this info….?

** Not at all sure what to do for edits 2, 3, and 4… how do I know if they're necessary? Can't figure out what the table is supposed to show… oh well.

* Verified it compiled cleanly, saved as new .aml, and replaced /Extra/DSDT.aml with it (I verified there was a binary diff between them)

* I have no idea what "verify S/L/E and org.chameleon.Boot.plist" means
MEI, the device_id matches, OK

Edit table, indicates what name the the editor is looking for compared with the name in your dsdt. If they are the same, no edit is required. Simply if you see PEGO@1 in IOReg, no edit is required. That answers question 2 and 3.

The IOReg shows the edited dsdt has not been installed.

"verify S/L/E and org.chameleon.Boot.plist" means
1. Delete enablers in System/Library/Extentions. You have S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext installed; delete HDAEnabler1.kext
2. Does not apply in your case.

To summarize: delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext, repair permissions and cache, install the edited dsdt, restart and reply with a new IOReg.

Thank you for your great guide! Unfortunately I seem to be stuck. I have a GA-Q77M-D2H with Core i5, hooked to an LCD TV (integrated speakers) with HDMI. Good video but no audio, and so I have been studying your post. Unfortunately, there is no dsdt for the GA-Q77M-D2H either on the database here, or at olarila.com. I am new to customacs, and creating a dsdt de novo is a bit out of my depth. Any advice?

Best, vidbo.

Thank you for your great guide!

Unfortunately, there is no dsdt for the GA-Q77M-D2H either on the database here, or at olarila.com. I am new to customacs, and creating a dsdt de novo is a bit out of my depth. Any advice?
The guide is not great if you don't use it. Your choice is to figure out how to do it or live without HDMI audio. All Intel computers have dsdts. Search is always useful to learn about things you want to know. This thread has answered your dsdt question numerous times. Hint, see [GUIDE] Creating your own DSDT for most boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back