Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get my HDMI audio working in Mountain Lion (10.8.2) also :(.
I have an Asus P5Q Deluxe with a Asus GT210 1GB. Everything works 100%, except for my HDMI audio.

I have the GFX0 and HDAU edits in DSDT and they show up correctly in IOREG.
The problem is my AppleHDA, I think, but I couldn't patch it good... I followed the guide for Lion, but it didn't work. The AppleHDA was prepatched by someone else, so I don't know the exact edits.

Could you please help me? :)

Files: http://cl.ly/3y2O3u122v2F (DSDT, IOREG, AppleHDA)

I have an Asus P5Q Deluxe with a Asus GT210 1GB. Everything works 100%, except for my HDMI audio.
There are very few OS X GT 210 HDMI audio success stories. The dsdt edits appear correct. The edited AppleHDA.has been edited incorrectly for HDMI audio and is not repairable. No idea if this will work.

For AppleHDA.kext edits see either Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3b: Kext Edits - Nvidia or Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 3b: Kext Edits for NVIDIA 4xx
Fresh edited AppleHDA.kext:

AppleHDA binary
Find: 0a 00 de 10
Replace: 0b 00 de 10 (4x)

AppleHDAController Binary
Find:
de 10 e2 0b
Replace: de 10 e3 0b (4x)

Save, install (fix permissions and cache) and restart. Reply with new IOReg.

If GT 210 HDMI audio does work, it is possible to apply the your custom audio codec edits to the Lion or Mountain Lion AppleHDA. Unfortunately, there is no guide

Thanks for your quick reaction! :)
I used an patched 10.8 AppleHDA, and did your edits. HDMI audio is still not working.

Here is the AppleHDA, DSDT and IOREG. > http://cl.ly/0p3G1A1I0e1K

I used an patched 10.8 AppleHDA, and did your edits. HDMI audio is still not working.
The edits apply to AppleHDA.kexts before ML. They should not be used in ML (you should have noticed there were not 4 instances in each binary). Install your patched AppleHDA.kext (no edits) and reply with a new IOReg.

The Interim is 888_v100202. Install the Interim as downloaded (no HDMI audio edit) and confirm on board working. If onboard is not working, reply with IOReg. If onboard is working, patch for 550 ti, install and verify onboard and HDMI audio. If onboard is not working, reply with IOReg.

Hello Toleda

I am here with my first hackintosh applying your recommendations. I have installed the Interim without edit for the hdmi audio and the onboard audio does not work

Here go my ioreg file

Greetings

Attachments

• Java Lava.ioreg.zip
    296.3 KB · Views: 57
I am here with my first hackintosh applying your recommendations. I have installed the Interim without edit for the hdmi audio and the onboard audio does not work
S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext is the problem. The enabler disables dsdt injection. Cannot use both.

S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext is the problem. The enabler disables dsdt injection. Cannot use both.

Thanks Toleda

The onboard audio is working then i did the edit on the bynary file, the onboard audio still working but I have not hdmi audio

I guess that need apply the fix on my DSDT

My dsdt is an Award my doubt is ... May I use the ML_5-Series_Award_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit?, my motherboard is an Intel DG33BU

Greetings

Toleda please help!

MiniITX told me to ask you to help. I have an Intel DH77EB board and I am trying to get my HDMI audio to work. I have attached the DSDT file that MiniITX edited for me along with the IOReg that I saved from IORegistryExplorer. I read your instructions on how to do this, and it opens with IORegExplorer, not as .txt.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IOReg.zip
    440.2 KB · Views: 71
The onboard audio is working then i did the edit on the bynary file, the onboard audio still working but I have not hdmi audio
No HDMI audio without dsdt edits. Your DG33BU is not a 5 series motherboard and it is unlikely the BIOS is Award. Attach the dsdt and a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

MiniITX told me to ask you to help. I have an Intel DH77EB board and I am trying to get my HDMI audio to work. I have attached the DSDT file that MiniITX edited for me along with the IOReg that I saved from IORegistryExplorer. I read your instructions on how to do this, and it opens with IORegExplorer, not as .txt.
I recommend using this guide Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT for HDMI audio dsdt edits. What HDMI device is connected to what port on the motherboard? What other video ports are available? The framebuffer may need editing for your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back