Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Toleda. I'm hoping you can help me out with this issue. I have an asus P8z77-v Pro/Thunderbolt

I have followed your guide (stumbling along the way) and have managed to get HDMI audio working out through the GTX 660 Ti but not through HD4000 on the mobo. Attached is my dsdt and IOreg. (I can get both working right? Reading the audio id's, it wasn't clear to me if it is only possible to get discrete OR HD4000 working)

Attachments

• Mac’s Mac Pro.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 46
  • dsdt.aml.zip
    34.9 KB · Views: 68
I can get both working right? Reading the audio id's, it wasn't clear to me if it is only possible to get discrete OR HD4000 working
IOReg is corrupt. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

The Audio ID choice is clear, If you want HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio, you have to use Audio ID: 3. If you have discrete graphics installed, you will also get Nvidia or AMD HDMI audio. If you use Audio ID: 1, you will not have HD3000/HD4000 HDMI audio.

Thanks Toleda :) I thought audio id 3 was for people that ONLY had HD3000/HD4000. I changed to 3 and now have both working. Sorry about the corrupt ioreg. I must have saved it incorrectly or something, but as far as I can tell everything seems great!

Hello, first i would like to say i made my build and it is up and running. Now, when i try to get the HDMI and onboard audio working i am absolutely clueless. Add to that 2 kids that keep me from really even attempting edits. . I heard you can make edits and friends macs through ichat? not sure if this is true. In any event if possible, i am willing to pay a fee if someone was even interested. I apologize in advance if it is against policy to post about money offerings. Thanks for taking the time to read my issue. Take care

Hello, first i would like to say i made my build and it is up and running. Now, when i try to get the HDMI and onboard audio working i am absolutely clueless. Add to that 2 kids that keep me from really even attempting edits. . I heard you can make edits and friends macs through ichat? not sure if this is true. In any event if possible, i am willing to pay a fee if someone was even interested. I apologize in advance if it is against policy to post about money offerings. Thanks for taking the time to read my issue. Take care
Delete the comment about money.
Motherboard???? Start with onboard audio; identify your codec. If the codec is a Realtek ALC8xy, use MultiBeast 5.1.3 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC8xy. If not, your choices are no onboard audio with HDMI audio or MultiBeast/Audio/Universal/Voodoo.

ok thanks, i have GIGABYTE GA-Z77N-WIFI LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard . it's very similar to the BITTERMELON chip build.

Hello Toleda

I was forced to make a fresh install of Mountain Lion on my first build, all is working ok, but as is usual i have troubles enabling the HDMI Audio on my EVGA GTX 550Ti

A few weeks ago you gave me a recomendation for use an AppleHDA optimized with name Realtek_Interim_Ivy_Bridge_Lion_AppleHDA_v1.7.9 and edit the binary file from 14 00 de 10 to 15 00 de 10 (4 times). Until here all is ok, even after of edit the kext i get the audio HDMI in functioning but I lost the audio onboard

I think because the AppleHDA.kext that i am using is optimized for the version ALC888_v100302 and the version ALC888 of my motherboard is the legacy v100202

Is possible get the AppleHDA Kext for the version of my ALC888 or is better back to GT 430? ... with the GT 430 had working audio HDMI and Onboard Audio. it is not a problem because i could use the GTX 550 Ti on a motherboard serie 7

My system is:

Motherboard: Intel DG33BU
Graphics Card: EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024 MB
DSDT: 100% working
ALC888 version: v100202

Greetings

I think because the AppleHDA.kext that i am using is optimized for the version ALC888_v100302 and the version ALC888 of my motherboard is the legacy v100202
The Interim is 888_v100202. Install the Interim as downloaded (no HDMI audio edit) and confirm on board working. If onboard is not working, reply with IOReg. If onboard is working, patch for 550 ti, install and verify onboard and HDMI audio. If onboard is not working, reply with IOReg.

GTX 670 in a MSI Z77 with ALC892. followed the guide to enable HDMI but so far no success at all...
Do not attach 7z files. Use native OS X compression: Finder/File/Compress...
Why did you use the 5-Series_AMI_BIOS_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit on a 7 series motherboard? See Notes: 1. Intel Product Series Models in Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Start over with the native dsdt. Use the
HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back