Not open for further replies.
If you want HDMI audio on port 6, you have to edit the capri framebuffer:
for port 0x6 - dp >hdmi
find
03 04 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 01 00 00
replace
03 04 00 00 00 08 00 00 06 00 00 00

Hey,

Once again I would like to thank you for your patience for allowing me to talk out my ???. I edited the kext that was previously edited for port 0x5. I will use a fresh kext if you feel it is necessary. I now have audio in both hdmi ports, and believe it or not, I still have sound when playing videos or music with the adapter that came from an nvidia card I installed for a friend some time ago??. If someone would like to try these kexts, I can upload them. So thank you again for your help & expertise.

Thanks for the guide, Hdmi audio is working fine here B75M-D3H + 3570K

Hi Almeida!!!!

I'm trying to make it work the HDMI AUDIO on my board GA-B75M-D3H + i5 2310 + ATI SHAPPIRE HD6850 DDR5 - 1GB -

I have the same MB GA-B75M-D3H as you, but i'm not getting compile the DSDT with DSDTSE. When I insert the 44 rows of HDMI AUDIO EDITS and exclude the last bracket i receive this error:

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/regisferreira/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11510: If (SS1)
Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF ^

/Users/regisferreira/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 11568: [*** iASL: Read error on source code temp file /Users/regisferreira/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.src ***]
Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected $end ^

ASL Input: /Users/regisferreira/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 11569 lines, 357134 bytes, 4343 keywords
Compilation complete. 2 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

How did you manage to make it work ?

Please, can anyone help me ? I'm doing wrong?

Thank's for all .....

I have the same MB GA-B75M-D3H as you, but i'm not getting compile the DSDT with DSDTSE. When I insert the 44 rows of HDMI AUDIO EDITS and exclude the last bracket i receive this error:
It is impossible to solve this problem without seeing the dsdt; attach the dsdt.dsl

You can also patch your dsdt with the appropriate AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit, see Post 1.

Please excuse my confusion and general newbie question. I have read through this post as well as others, and coming across this is where my confusion began:

Before You Start:
1. OS X does not provide HDMI audio controls (No volume, no mute, no balance, etc.)
2. The connected HDMI device (TV, receiver, etc.) provides any and all audio controls

Why? Every mac, the mac mini in particular, controls volume through OS X, in addition to the application that is running the audio.

I am 99% complete in gathering my parts to build my system. I am just waiting for our next check to order the CPU (i5-3570K). It is to be used as a dual-boot HTPC with Windows 7 x64. I know that it could just be as easy as using Windows to handle HDMI video and audio (which works without a problem).

I am not trying to be combative or complaining. I really am not. I love the information I have gained from this site. Any question I have posted in the past have been answered by incredible and knowledgeable replies.

Just wondering if perhaps I should pick different hardware.

Thank you very much for all your time and expertise,

David

Please excuse my confusion and general newbie question. I have read through this post as well as others, and coming across this is where my confusion began:

Before You Start:
1. OS X does not provide HDMI audio controls (No volume, no mute, no balance, etc.)
2. The connected HDMI device (TV, receiver, etc.) provides any and all audio controls

Why? Every mac, the mac mini in particular, controls volume through OS X, in addition to the application that is running the audio.
If all you want is analog stereo, OS X does that; don't bother with HDMI audio. Check again on that mac mini.

You know, I really didn't think of that. Well if that's the case, I would probably want to use DVI-D, correct, for video? The only problem is that my flat screen doesn't have any kind of audio in except for the analog PC input. But that has it's own D-Sub connector for video and the TV has to be on a different (PC) input. I REALLY don't want to use the D-Sub for video. Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's possible anyway.

I'm just not sure what I'm going to do at this point. I actually went to an Apple store to check the Mac mini. I was assured that the HDMI carries both video and audio and that you control all volume controls through either OS X or the media application (or both).

Would you be able to explain in simple terms (stress simple) why this is such an issue? the only reason I ask is that we all (or most) seem to have pretty much the hardware that Apple uses themselves to build Macs. Yes, some are different, but most are the same.

I'm just trying to get a better understanding as to why this issue exists.

Thank you Toleda for your time and reply,

David

I'm just not sure what I'm going to do at this point. I actually went to an Apple store to check the Mac mini. I was assured that the HDMI carries both video and audio and that you control all volume controls through either OS X or the media application (or both).
Simply, all Apple products can control the volume of analog speakers connected directly to the product. No Apple product controls the volume for a separate device that makes sound (i.e., receiver, television, etc.).

OK, I think we may be referring to two differnt things, BUT ... I'm actually kind of excited because I think it may be the answer to what I need.

My other post in "The Build" section was inquiring about converting an existing Windows 7 x64 HTPC into a dual-boot machine with OS X Mountain Lion. I purchased all of the recommended hardware (including a separate drive for the OS X install). The system right now is connected to a flat screen and is the only item attached. No cable, no tuner card(s), no receiver. The only thing this system is used for is computing, movies (ripped ISOs), and music. When it was built and hooked up, I just set the TV volume at 50% and put the remote away. the volume for everything we do now is controlled through Windows or Media Player. The actual TV volume level hasn't changed in over a year.

So if I am understanding this correctly, I will be able to do the same thing with OS X, correct. It obviously is currently connected through HDMI. I guess if I really needed to, I could use the HDMI for video and a red/white RCA hookup for analog audio.

But I don't think I will have to according to your replies. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Hey, also, I know I have a habit of rambling on in my posts. Thank you very much for your patience,

David

So if I am understanding this correctly, I will be able to do the same thing with OS X, correct. It obviously is currently connected through HDMI. I guess if I really needed to, I could use the HDMI for video and a red/white RCA hookup for analog audio.
Assume HDMI video from the HTPC to the TV.

Your choices are:
1. Red/White RCA connection from HTPC Line Out to TV with OS X volume control
or
2. HDMI audio from HTPC to TV with TV Remote volume control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back