Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect any issues with B75; no testing has been done to date. If you're interested, you can make the edits and verify the results. As with any other system, extract the dsdt as described in numerous guides. UEFI systems require dsdts. If you want HDMI audio in OS X, you will need an edited dsdt, even with UEFI.

Hello Toleda, I'm writing this reply from my living room, thanks to you and all the guys in this community I finally got my HTPC working. I confirm audio out through HDMI Intel HD 4000, on GA-B75M-D3P, intel i5-3570K. Hackintosh recognises my Onkyo receiver, also my Panasonic HDTV if I connect it directly to it. Audio is working as expected so far. Thanks again. I attach my DSDT.aml file, and boot.plist file. I extracted it with DSDT Editor, applied a patch for ALC887, installed multibeast audio DSDT options, restarted the PC. Then applied your HDMI audio patch to DSDT.aml. Thanks again.
Edit- dsdt file is for bios version F3. Haven´t found a way to easily update bios in this board.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    683 bytes · Views: 570
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 259
hello toleda, would this work on z68xp-ud3 motherboard with hd 6870???

everything goes fine with no errors, except in the verify, dsdt editor shows that it cannot find any IGPU, is fine with HDEF.

I have attached my copy of io reg and my dsdt, if you can help me out.

thanks

Attachments

• dsdt ioreg.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 116
hello toleda, would this work on z68xp-ud3 motherboard with hd 6870???

everything goes fine with no errors, except in the verify, dsdt editor shows that it cannot find any IGPU, is fine with HDEF.

I have attached my copy of io reg and my dsdt, if you can help me out.

thanks
The edits are for Ivy Bridge. I have another version for Sandy Bridge dsdts in testing which is the better choice for your motherboard. The AMD HDMI audio edits are correct. Your IOReg is corrupt, see [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg. It includes a working version of IOReg.

The edits are for Ivy Bridge. I have another version for Sandy Bridge dsdts in testing which is the better choice for your motherboard. The AMD HDMI audio edits are correct. Your IOReg is corrupt, see [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg. It includes a working version of IOReg.

I saved it again.
hope it works now.
let me know If I can work with this guide, if not I can help you out with the testing, I am able to. Just let me know.

Attachments

• David’s Mac Pro.ioreg.zip
    556.1 KB · Views: 97
Hi,

I have a question: I have GA-Z77-DS3H, and i7-3770. I'm using my HD4000 and everything works (except HDMI audio of course). But I did not use a DSDT in order to set it up. I just selected EasyBeast installation in MultiBeast.

So how would one use this guide without a DSDT?

Thanks!

Toleda, hope you can help me out here.

I'm using a Zotac Z77ITX-A-E motherboard (stock BIOS) with i5 3570K. Realtek audio ID is 892.

I started from a freshly extracted DSDT and followed your "[EasyGuide] How to add HDEF to your dsdt" guide which worked perfectly for stereo analog output.

I then tried to follow this guide to add HD4000 HDMI audio but no go. When connected to my Toshiba LCD TV, there're no options for sound output to the TV. My motherboard has 2 HDMI ports and 1 DP. I have tried both the HDMIs with no luck. I'm unable to try the DP.

There are the only 2 edits I have done to the dsdt.

The only kext I have installed is patched AppleHDA for ALC892 from MultiBeast 5.0.2 and AICPUPM is patched to prevent KP.
No HDAEnabler*.kext and no graphic injection strings in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Attached are my baseline ioreg (no dsdt.aml), my current ioreg and my dsdt.aml (with working HDEF, non-working HDMI audio)

Really hope you can help. Thanks.

Attachments

• ioreg-dsdt.zip
    733.2 KB · Views: 100
I saved it again.
hope it works now.
let me know If I can work with this guide, if not I can help you out with the testing, I am able to. Just let me know.
The IOReg works but it shows no HDMI audio edits.

Attached are my baseline ioreg (no dsdt.aml), my current ioreg and my dsdt.aml (with working HDEF, non-working HDMI audio)
The edits appear correct. The IOReg shows the display connected to port 5 with a DP connector in the framebuffer. For HDMI audio to work, the HDMI display has to connect to port 7 which has the HDMI connector in the framebuffer. Try the other HDMI port and reply with IOReg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back