Gigabyte X58A-UD5-FB
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
GTX 760
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Hi all,

I have successfully managed to install Mountain Lion. After the install, I install the kexts using Multibeast 5.

The ones I install are:

1. Easybeast
2. DSDT
3. Audio - Realtec ALC889
4. Network Lnx2mac

I'm not exactly sure which kexts to use because when I built my first SL 10.6.4 Hackintosh years ago I wasn't aware on Multibeast so used one of the OSX86 Tools.

My system details are as follows:

i7 3.2ghz 950 (Nahalem)
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 Rev: 2 BIOS: FD
12GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence Ram
BFG 768MB 8800GTX
256GB Samsung 830 SSD with ML 10.8

I have the SSD connected to the GSATA6 port on the mobo as this is SATA3 in the mobo. I have also updated my bios to the latest FD stable release. The I have set this port to AHCI in the bios too.

*** If I connect the SSD to a regular port it still hangs on the white apple boot screen. ***

My problem is:

1. I'm not sure which kexts I'm supposed to install.
2. On Multibeast 5 I'm not sure how to install the AppleHDARollback kext as I cannot find it.
3. I have an old BFG 8800GTX nvidia graphics card so what kext would work for this?

I am willing to reinstall everything again (3rd time) and use the forums recommendations.

Thanks in Advance.

Reinstall.
download DSDT and make sure the board rev and BIOS rev of your board match the DSDT you download and put on your desktop.
Run MultiBeast and select only UserDSDT, DSTD ALC889 and Lnx2mac network kexts.
Launch disk utility and repair permissions. Reboot.
Download 10.8.2 update combo. Install. Reboot.
Use Apple update to update the supplemental 10.8.2, iTunes and the rest of the updates. Reboot.
Repair permissions. Reboot with -v -f boot flags. done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back