Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion GUIDE - 2012 Sony VAIO S Series (SVS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I didn't even know BT + WiFi combo was possible until I found the thread mentioned before.

WiFi only card + BT usb dongle should be the easiest way, I guess.

Some of the WiFi+BT cards have reasonably good BT (because they may even be used in real Macs), but I've never played with it. Everytime I've gone shopping for a BT mouse, I come up empty handed as there are only a few and not very good. I had a Microsoft mobile BT mouse one time, and BT made it super laggy... almost unusable, so I sold it on ebay.

Some of the WiFi+BT cards have reasonably good BT (because they may even be used in real Macs), but I've never played with it. Everytime I've gone shopping for a BT mouse, I come up empty handed as there are only a few and not very good. I had a Microsoft mobile BT mouse one time, and BT made it super laggy... almost unusable, so I sold it on ebay.

Right now I have Bluetooth out of the box and can use my bt vaio mouse that I got as a gift from sony. it works with no problems for me. my other devices work, too (bt speakers/headset, sending files to phone). it's only getting laggy when I try to use multiple devices at the same time, but in Windows it's the same.

The only reason I want BT+WiFi combo is to have all usb ports available for other things.

Hey there!

I bought an AR9285 and installed it in my laptop, followed this guide (patched my DSDT with the patches for Atheros 9x8x) but my network settings doesn't show anything new. Do I have to delete the network configuration file, so rebuilds when booting? I didn't change the dsdt patch.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

EDIT: I think I'm missing this step - Install edited Extra/dsdt/ARPT with Finder. What exactly is this?

Hey there!

I bought an AR9285 and installed it in my laptop, followed this guide (patched my DSDT with the patches for Atheros 9x8x) but my network settings doesn't show anything new. Do I have to delete the network configuration file, so rebuilds when booting? I didn't change the dsdt patch.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Most of the time, you need to customize the DSDT patch for your DSDT. You have to know what you're doing (interpret ioreg to find the correct DSDT node to patch).

My suggestion: Remove DSDT patch, use toledaARPT.kext instead.

Most of the time, you need to customize the DSDT patch for your DSDT. You have to know what you're doing (interpret ioreg to find the correct DSDT node to patch).

My suggestion: Remove DSDT patch, use toledaARPT.kext instead.

I remove the patch and installed toledaARPT.kext. But what about step 1? I'm still going to need a kext or dsdt patch, right? Right now the toledaARPT.kext doesn't load..

I remove the patch and installed toledaARPT.kext. But what about step 1? I'm still going to need a kext or dsdt patch, right? Right now the toledaARPT.kext doesn't load..

What step 1? Sorry, lots of "step 1s" in that post.

There is no kext or DSDT patch necessary for AR9285. Just toledaARPT.kext. toledaARPT.kext is an injector kexts (aka. codeless kext) and it does not actually load -- it just causes other kexts to load.

well, no WiFi in my network settings or system information.

booted with my (wifi)-unpatched dsdt. here is ioreg.

Attachments

• Vaio S13p.zip
    393.2 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back