Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I managed to get ML installed, and when the system reboots it hangs on the Apple logo, with the spinning icon, and there is a no entry symbol above the apple logo. If i reset the system boot into my cloned Lion drive and re-run Multibeast with the DSDT for my motherboard it will boot but once its reset i get the same logo and no entry sign.

however if i boot the ML drive in verbose mode it boots but none of the new apps [notes,etc....] work, even though i fixed them in a previous session. I am having no luck with ML at the minute.

I have seen this problem too and it can be a troublesome problem to clear.

One way to get to a working desktop (which I guess you have already) is to use the -x command-line switch. This puts the Mac in Safe Mode and it should boot but with minimal graphics. In my case wi-fi loaded fine but not sound.

I am coming to the conclusion that it is the graphics card/chip or type that is causing this.

Without the -x command watching the verbose scolling has seen halts on various components - wi-fi, a Parallels network kext and ethernet - but it will sometimes boot. The common outcome though is the single 1024x768 in the display preferences no matter what GraphicsEnabler setting.

Trying different command-lines hasn't given a reliable result and I have a feeling it depends on the model of graphics in use.

My plan (later today) is to try the official CUDA nVidia driver which they released 24/07/12 and see if that helps.

The often quoted method of taking the card out and installing using in-built graphics isn't an option for me and I get the impression it might only work for ATI cards anyway...

Keeping on, keeping on... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back