CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I start a virtualization of Windows 7 within Parallels 7 I get a black screen and my computer reboots. Do I need to add a MultiBeast fix in order to enable VM's?

Thanks,

Did you upgrade to the latest Parallels 7 for ML support?

Version 7.0.15104.778994 is recommended.

I have the same problem! Using the absolute latest version of Parallels 7.

I am running 7.0.15106

No graphics problems thus far - runs dashboard and launchpad without a sweat and Diablo 3 runs great with max details turned on too. (1920x1080)

The only real "glitch" I am faced with is that internet takes about 10 seconds to turn on when I first boot up.

Could there be a setting within Parallels 7 that I should take a look at?

Turn on virtualization in the bios.

Googling reveals lots of black screen problems with Win 7 and Parallels but nothing specific about ML.

One solution for black screen was this posting:

I seem to have solved the problem by going to the Parallels Menu List, then Virtual Machine dropdown menu, then Reset button. When I reset I was given the option to open in normal/safe mode, etc. I chose to open with the command prompt because I intended to enter the "devices.video.pci_device_id=0x5005" line that others have mentioned above, but instead the VM just booted by itself and when windows opened the screen was working again.

I would try "Reset" and "Normal mode"

Turn on virtualization in the bios.

Ah! So simple. Thanks, kduvernay. That did the trick.

I guess virtualization is disabled when loading "Optimized Defaults" from within UEFI. Weird haha..

Good advice above...

Trying to be logical (never a good thing for me to be...) the thing you mention is causing other problems is network.

When Parallels installs itself it installs some drivers which "interrupt" the normal network to "inject" the Parallels interface. You can probably remember this from when you initially installed it because there are a couple of warning messages about this.

With you saying the network is slow to start up I wonder if it's this that causes the problem, maybe a conflict with your ethernet or wi-fi. Are they both standard equipment?

You could try changing the network setting in Parallels from Shared to Bridge, or vice-versa and see if that helps...

No wifi, just an ethernet cable plugged directly into my mobo port.
Anybody else getting internet right away on ML using the same board as mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back