Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion 10.8 on Probook 4540s Installation Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 L322X
CPU
Intel Core i7 3537U 2.5Ghz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I am very new to this forum, but have been reading it a lot lately.

I am trying to install Mountain Lion on my Probook 4540s but I can't seem to
get into the graphical part of the installer. Sometimes I do get to the installer
but I get a message that I do not have a keyboard/mouse attached.

I have made a UniBeast USB stick multiple times. I have tried to install it with or
without laptop and legacy support. Everything is no go. I also fiddled around with
my bios settings a lot.

I have used the boot flags : PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No -x -f -v in variations.

The Message where the installer gets stuck is usualy "com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx"

My question is, is there someone with the same laptop that has mountain lion running?
and what guide did you use to get it running? Do I need to do something more than just
make the USB stick?

I hope someone can point me in the right direction, cause I am getting a little
frustrated with this installation.

Thanks!
Screwballz

Hi Everyone,

get into the graphical part of the installer. Sometimes I do get to the installer

I have made a UniBeast USB stick multiple times. I have tried to install it with or
without laptop and legacy support. Everything is no go. I also fiddled around with
my bios settings a lot.

I have used the boot flags : PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No -x -f -v in variations.

The Message where the installer gets stuck is usualy "com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx"

My question is, is there someone with the same laptop that has mountain lion running?
and what guide did you use to get it running? Do I need to do something more than just
make the USB stick?

Thanks!
Screwballz

Did you followed the guide? And one more thing: we don't use the lnx2mac's Realtek kext for a very long time. If you're not sure about the meaning of the options inside the ProBook Installer, I've written a HP ProBook Installer quick reference guide.

Did you followed the guide? And one more thing: we don't use the lnx2mac's Realtek kext for a very long time.

Hi, Yes I did use this guide. I made the Uniboot stick with this guide. I made it on a VMWare Box
with mac os 10.6.8. I didn't add anything. Does the UniBeast installer use things from the installation
you make it on? meaning the lnx2mac's Realtek kext?

To be clear, I don't even get into the installation so it's not post installation.

Hi Everyone,

my bios settings a lot.

make the USB stick?

Thanks!
Screwballz

You definitely want to use those flags. Esp, GraphicsEnabler=No -x -f -v. And when you get into the installer, do the install. If it gives you a message about no keyboard/mouse attached, just attach a USB keyboard.

Hi, Yes I did use this guide. I made the Uniboot stick with this guide. I made it on a VMWare Box
with mac os 10.6.8. I didn't add anything. Does the UniBeast installer use things from the installation
you make it on?

To be clear, I don't even get into the installation so it's not post installation.

Are you sure you're using the latest UniBeast? Because I've just checked it and there is no realtek lan kext inside it. Create your UniBeast flash drive again and this time make sure you have followed this guide literally. Generally, you don't need the Legacy support, only the Laptop support.

Are you sure you're using the latest UniBeast? Because I've just checked it and there is no realtek lan kext inside it. Create your UniBeast flash drive again and this time make sure you have followed this guide literally. Generally, you don't need the Legacy support, only the Laptop support.

That is very weird, I have used Unibeast 2.0.2 but I saw that 2.1.0 was out so I started
using that as of today. I am prepairing a new stick this moment. I will report back on how
it goes.

Thanks for the quick replies!:)

Okay, The stick was ready and I started a new installation.

Pic1 - Boot Flags
foto(1).JPG

Pic2 - Error Message com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx
foto.JPG

So I still get this message. Using the Guide that you've mentioned and
with the UniBeast 2.1.0 version.

It is inside IONetworkingFamily.kext inside /Extra/Extensions.

But the problem is a graphics problem, not a networking problem.

Okay, The stick was ready and I started a new installation.

Pic1 - Boot Flags
View attachment 67776

Pic2 - Error Message com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx
View attachment 67777

So I still get this message. Using the Guide that you've mentioned and
with the UniBeast 2.1.0 version.

Is this Sandy Bridge CPU in your profile? Installed on 4x40s ProBook?

Is this Sandy Bridge CPU in your profile? Installed on 4x40s ProBook?

Yes, The system in my profile is the exact system I am trying to install it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back