Contribute
Register

Monterey on Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRA (rev. 1.x)

Thank you, but I can't use your EFI as I use 11700K, so I will compare your config with mine to see what's different.
I also bought the 11900K first, but the problems were many and the GPU acceleration from the CPU didn't work, so I returned it and bought the 10900K. Performance is basically the same.

Attachments

• original.png
    original.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 88
I also bought the 11900K first, but the problems were many and the GPU acceleration from the CPU didn't work, so I returned it and bought the 10900K. Performance is basically the same.
Yes, except PCIE4...
Screen Shot 1401-01-26 at 13.03.25.png

Hi there! @

Howking

EFI.zip archive is updated for latest MacOS Monterey version 12.5.1? I have the same motherboard as you but my WIFI didn't work at all (efi done by myself). Intel UHD is working? Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.9 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:
This is my latest EFI. Everything works. (only bluetooth needs to be restarted after waking up - as I described above)
don't forget you should only have 15 ports listed in your info.plist in your USBPorts.kext:

I think I found the problem, I use the 11th generation CPU on the Z490 chipset in order to use PCI-E 4 SSDs, when in the bios I enable the Rocket lake M.2 support, the slot connects to the CPU, and the PCI-E4 enables and I can have SN850 work with PCIE4 speed but then I will get partition corruption on mac. Maybe it needs some specific configurations or something? can someone confirm it?

View attachment 545443
@Hamedtaa,

You are supposed to manually change it to Rocket Lake support so that it uses the faster PCIe lanes of Rocket Lake.
That's probably why its been corrupting the drive table (your BIOS has not been set correctly).

Hi Howking,

I'm new on this. Thank you very much for your EFI folder. I got it working on Ventura 13.0 with the same board Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRA (rev. 1.x) and with the iGPU.

After the installation, when I get connected to the WiFi Network the Hackintosh instantly get Freezed.

Do you have any idea, what could be happend?

Thank you very much.

Back