Contribute
Register

Monterey on Asus Tuf Gaming Z590-Plus WiFi, i7-11700K, Radeon RX6600XT

Well, there seems to be no way to solve the 15 port limit now. I just made some choices in windows
For example, I don't have a typec device, so I deleted my typec port mapping
Or for some USB interfaces, I do not need to access the USB 2 device, so I delete its USB 2 port mapping
Aura lighting is not available under MacOS so it can be deleted
A USB 3 interface supports both USB 2 and USB 3. If you delete its USB 2 port mapping, the USB interface will not be able to use the USB 2 device
As for USB hub, it is only an extension of USB interface, which should only occupy one port in MacOS
I haven't tried USB map. I prefer the USB port of hackintool because it's more perfect
You can customize USB by using USB toolbox in windows, because it can ignore the 15 port limit of MAC
I haven't tried thunderbolt. I heard that using thunderbolt in hackintosh is very complex and may encounter many problems. Maybe you can try it?
Here is the link of usbtoolsbox: https://github.com/USBToolBox
I will post my USBports later
By the way,can you use the Carside?I tried carside. My iPad has a black screen and won't display anything

Thanks for the file. The difference between your USBPorts.kext and my USBmap.kext:
yours uses IOClass AppleUSBMergeNub and mine uses AppleUSBHostMergeProperties
I've read that AppleUSBMergeNub may result in problems waking from sleep?
yours uses IONameMatch and mine uses IOPathMatch (both work)
yours specifies the usb current limits, mine are specified in SSDT_EC_USBX.aml
I have kUSBMuxEnabled = true (I have not been able find out what this does?)
and of course, we have different preferences for mapping the precious 15 ports.

I don't have an iPad to try sidecar.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I tried this EFI Opencore in my system with RX580 video card and without it, and can't boot fir macos second Opencore or Clover.
I don't have Thunderbolt nor Fenvi cards, so I would like to ask what can I do to simplify my EFI Clover.
I know there will not be support for Intel UHD 730, so Iam
also stuck on that, need to get a video card.

I prefer Clover, Opencore cause a frequent Bios boot in "Safe Mode".

What card do you have? A tuf gaming Z590 plus wifi or a Z590 plus wifi. They are not the same cards even if the differences are not very important, they exist. I own a tuf gaming and I modified the original EFI. Everything works perfectly. I don't have a thunderbolt and I have an RX 580 8 GB I'm on 12.5.1 I measured the speed of the i225V at 2100 Mbits (line at 2.5 Gbites)

I intend to make some SMBIOS modifications: imac 19.1 or imac 20.2. But, for the moment it will be rather tests. Please note that the SMBios MacPro 7.1 does not work. Perhaps some modifications at the level of the EFI to try to refine wake up from sleep: this one is carried out but to leave wake up from sleep you have to press the power button.
Use OC auxiliary tools It allows you to choose a serial number for the SMBIOS and also to easily update OpenCore.

Attention ! I saw you had an RX6600 In NVRAM 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 Boot-args: add: agdpmod=pikera

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I intend to make some SMBIOS modifications: imac 19.1 or imac 20.2. But, for the moment it will be rather tests. Please note that the SMBios MacPro 7.1 does not work. Perhaps some modifications at the level of the EFI to try to refine wake up from sleep: this one is carried out but to leave wake up from sleep you have to press the power button.
Use OC auxiliary tools It allows you to choose a serial number for the SMBIOS and also to easily update OpenCore.
Attention ! I saw you had an RX6600 In NVRAM 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 Boot-args: add: agdpmod=pikera

I will try this EFI when get a compatible video card.

thanks

Thanks for the write up and files. I was able to get everything working with the exception of a bluetooth dongle. No matter what I do I can't get the system to use the Asus BT400 USB adapter. It see's the adapter in System Information/System Report (under USB section), but Bluetooth can't be enabled.

Any thoughts?

Alright, I'm working on it. A priori no need for an adapter for bluetooth and wifi. The motherboard wifi is working and the bluetooth should be.
Thanks. I'll continue to troubleshoot on my own as well. This is my first hackintosh - had some experience with OpenCore on a classic MacPro, but that's about it.

I was able to get the onboard wifi and bluetooth working. However, couldn't get handoff/continuity to work, so I figured it would require the ASUS BT-400 USB adapter or similar natively supported card.

Do you use these three kexts for bluetooth ?
IntelBTPatcher.kext
IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
BlueToolFixup.kext
I think you have to put them in that order. AirportItlwm.kext for wifi
I believe I was missing one when I originally tried it. Adding them back in, I was able to get WiFi and Bluetooth working like before. I also was able to use the USB dongle. I can airdrop from another device to the hackintosh, but not from the hackintosh to another device (iPhone and MacBook). Getting closer. Thanks.

Back