Contribute
Register

Monterey on Asus Tuf Gaming Z590-Plus WiFi, i7-11700K, Radeon RX6600XT

I have ordered this mainboard Asus TUF Gaming Z590 Plus WiFi too. Right now I'm preparing my OC EFI already for an easy start.

For the built-in Ethernet I225-V in Ventura I had to use:
  • DeviceProperties: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x7)/Pci(0x0,0x0) -> device-id: F3150000
That is all you need. It will load Apple Ethernet e1000 kext as driver. In Ventura e1000=0 as boot arg does not work.

Last edited:
I did change the device-id to F3150000 which translates it to 0x15f3. At least it is stable that way. I have only 1 Gb switches and routers. I'm not sure it will ever allow 2,5 Gb speed.
And because there is no AppleIntelI210Ethernet kext in Ventura e1000=0 will not work any longer.

Schermafbeelding 2022-10-19 om 20.21.28.png
Schermafbeelding 2022-10-19 om 20.24.36.png

Last edited:
I did change the device-id to F3150000 which translates it to 0x15f3. At least it is stable that way. I have only 1 Gb switches and routers. I'm not sure it will ever allow 2,5 Gb speed.
And because there is no AppleIntelI210Ethernet kext in Ventura e1000=0 will not work any longer.

View attachment 556337View attachment 556338
For Monterey onwards you need to change it to F3158086 in the PCI device tree (leave e1000=0 in the boot-arg).
If that doesn't work, you may also need to add AppleI2XX.kext to the build.

For Monterey onwards you need to change it to F3158086 in the PCI device tree (leave e1000=0 in the boot-arg).
If that doesn't work, you may also need to add AppleI2XX.kext to the build.
Ventura does not have that 210 kext anymore. Please read my post above (and try it yourself?). Also with id F3158086 it does not make a connection. But you will be able to find more about that in the forum.

Edit: Thank you @Middleman! I have found the solution you was trying to tell me.
The link: I225-V_FIX.md It's Option 1 for me. And it really does work. Now it's a 2,5 Gb/s Ethernet Controller with an Apple kext :).

Scherm­afbeelding 2022-10-20 om 19.20.12.png

Last edited:
Ventura does not have that 210 kext anymore. Please read my post above (and try it yourself?). Also with id F3158086 it does not make a connection. But you will be able to find more about that in the forum.

Edit: Thank you @Middleman! I have found the solution you was trying to tell me.
The link: I225-V_FIX.md It's Option 1 for me.

Under Monterey, i225V worked for me with DeviceProperties F2158680 and no other LAN hacks. This charged in Ventura and no longer works. I lost i225V ethernet ports with upgrade to macOS 13 Ventura. No ethernet devices detected at all—Asus z590 Hero dual i225v Open Core 0.8.5:

OPTION 1 works for me

EDIT: Native Ventura i225V also works for me following CaseySJ config for AppleVTD. My i225V are RevisionID 3, per requirements.

BACKGROUND

There seems to be several parts to this story—I am just waving my hands here:

A) changes in how IONetworkingKit drivers are supplied in Monterey and Ventura which pertain to the use of boot args dk.e1000=0 and e1000=0. Ventura has i225V native, but the drivers are bundled differently which prevents previous hacks from working.

B) details on how vendor / device type information in coded into some controllers that doesn't play well for z490+ since Monterey. E.g., F2150000 vs F2158680 (and variants).

C) i225V firmware revision—not sure how this plays with (2) but it needs to be Revision ID 3+. You can look this up in System Information > Ethernet: Revision ID = 0x0003 or higher and to disable all other i225V hacks including SSDTs, kexts, bootargs (no dk.e1000=0, no e1000=0), no DeviceProperties, etc.

D) Lore related z690 Alder Lake option of enabling AppleVTD to assist with devices connected by Thunderbolt (inc. Ethernet). This prolly has to do with how v-TD supports DMA for fast device data transfers needed by 2500BT.

*** It turns out AppleVTD is also needed for native i225V support. CaseySJ describes how to get AppleVTD configured on his z690 thread.

The above link describes two options to work around. There's a "corrected header" SSDT and Monterey kext injection procedure (OPTION 1) and a firmware update procedure that can allow Ventura i225V kexts to attach (OPTION 2).

OPTION 1 just changes OC config to get the Monetery driver injected.

OPTION 2 describes a way to use Open Core to do the ethernet controller firmware update, but you still need the blob, which has gone missing from its source at InsanelyMac.

[EDIT CaseySJ reposted the blob]

You might be able to get your i225V firmware updated using your board vendor's downloads for Windows. The ethernet driver update may include a firmware component. You'll need to investigate.

AppleVTD is the combination of config.plist DisableIOMapper option, a DMAR ACPI, and enabling v-TD in BIOS:

MY SITUATION

I have i225V Revision 3, so native should work. But when I try Ventura native i225V, my i225V is detected but won't connect, and my system is unstable. (Maybe I made a mistake idk)

*** EDIT: SWITCHED TO OPTION-2 NATIVE
*** Corrected error in AppleVTD DMAR config per instructions above and i225V works with Ventura natively.

HERE'S THE RUNDOWN ON OPTION-1

When I inject the Monterey kext as described at above link OPTION 1, my ethernet works and my Ventura system is stable.

• You need a copy of IONetworkingFamily.kext -> AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext from Monterey.
—This is something you'll have to find, hopefully from a backup. The link referenced in the write-up above no longer works.

• Add the SSDT-I225V.aml from the links above to EFI > OC > ACPI

• Add AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext to EFI > OC > Kexts

• Update your config.plist accordingly under ACPI > Add and Kernel > Add

(See attached EFI, i225V Inject folder)

Also...
— Set kernel config entry MinKernel field to 22.0.0, if multi-booting various macOS
— Set bootarg e1000=0 (for Ventura/Monterey)
— Remove other DeviceProperties pertaining to i225V ethernet

This was an easy config update and after these changes the system came right up with pre-upgrade Ethernet config working in System Settings...

DOUBLE CHECK your Network settings, as my custom DNS entries were reset. I cannot say if 2.5G works because I only have 1000BT.

Here's the above-quoted link again for all the gory details on the options:

See CaseySJs posts starting with this one...

And see his Alder Lake Golden Build post #1 for how to approach i225V native, if you have the right Revision ID.

Eternal thanks to 5T33Z0 on Github for the hacks, to @Middleman for getting the word out here, and to @CaseySJ for his explanations of how to run i225V natively in Monterey and Ventura.

Attachments

• _EFI GOLD - i9-11900K RX6600XT 0.8.5 13.0.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Hello Jenna. I have same computer hardware with you. i7-11700k and motherboard. But i use rtx-3060.
Can you help me to modify your efi to make it work? (any guide or etc)
And can you provide the software that you use to create usb boot.( tried multiple times but doesn't work :(( )
I'm newbie, thanks

Hello Jenna. I have same computer hardware with you. i7-11700k and motherboard. But i use rtx-3060.
Can you help me to modify your efi to make it work? (any guide or etc)
And can you provide the software that you use to create usb boot.( tried multiple times but doesn't work :(( )
I'm newbie, thanks
The RTX 3060 is not supported in any Apple OS.

The RTX 3060 is not supported in any Apple OS.
Thanks you. but i hear that we can fake it to use igpu. i tried but it's doesnt boot. maybe i'm wrong on some step

Thanks you. but i hear that we can fake it to use igpu. i tried but it's doesnt boot. maybe i'm wrong on some step
no, your Intel Graphics will not either

Back