Asus Dual AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB
My first hackintosh, advice is welcome!

OpenCore-0.7.8-Release
iMacPro1,1
Monterey 12.2.1
Asus Tuf Gaming Z590-Plus WiFi ATX LGA1200
I7-11700K, 3.6GHz, 16MB Cache, LGA1200
Intel 11th generation Rocket Lake Z590 chipset
Intel UHD Graphics 750 (not supported by macOS)
Intel Ethernet controller I225-V 2.5Gb
Intel WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz (not supported by macOS)
Realtek ALC S1200A 7.1 audio codec

ASUS Dual AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT OC 8GB GDDR6 (Monterey 12.1 or newer is required)
Fenvi FV-T919 PCI wireless interface w/bluetooth (disabled in Windows)
Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD
M.2_1 PCIe 4.0 x4, disk0 win10 (HDtune average 2170MB/s)
M.2_3 PCIe 3.0 x4, disk1 macOS (HDtune average 1670MB/s)
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, 4x16GB 3600MHz DDR4 memory (64GB total)

Asus Thunderboltex 4 PCIe card works in Windows but not macOS... still working on it.

thanks to tsanko.dimitrov, I started with his EFI_0.0.3.zip:

Everything seems to work, Ethernet, WiFi, audio, Bluetooth, AirDrop, ScreenSharing

The internal Ethernet controller I225-V requires manual setting to work:
Network Preferences>Advanced>Hardware > Manually/1000baseT/full-duplex/Standard (1500)
(I think, because of this, I had to use a usb to Ethernet adapter to download Monterey in the recovery mode)

Occasionally, after a bios change and 'long' restart, the Fenvi FV-T919 will not work until after a power cycle. It's plugged into the last PCIEX1_2 slot. Shutting down the computer and turning the power off for a few seconds and then back on always fixes it. The Fenvi works fine in other PCIe slots and after a normal restart. Seems like a motherboard/bios issue. Since it only occurs after a bios change and 'long' restart and only in the PCIEX1_2 slot. I've just been living with it and hoping an eventual Asus bios update will fix it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

-------------------
3/1/22 - updated EFI_noSN.zip and added bios_changes.txt
3/12/22 - updated port map image, macOS problems with Asus Thunderboltex 4 card

Attachments

• GB_Monterey_cpu.png
    GB_Monterey_cpu.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 516
  • GB_Monterey_gpu.png
    GB_Monterey_gpu.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 384
  • Monterey_SysInfo.png
    Monterey_SysInfo.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 578
  • EFI_noSN.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 774
  • bios_changes.txt
    926 bytes · Views: 385
  • port_map.png
    port_map.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:
Hello thank you very much.
can you give me the bios settings.
And the EFI New.
Thanks.

wow!that’s so cool!can you share the process of your configuration file?

As mentioned, started with EFI from tsanko.dimitrov.
Used GenSMBIOS to generate valid serial numbers for iMacPro1,1:
https://github.com/corpnewt/GenSMBIOS
Removed acpi (.aml), drivers (.efi), and kexts that where not used.
Added FakePCIID.kext to get integrated I225-V ethernet to work.
Updated to OpenCore 0.7.8 and all efi files using OCAuxiliaryTools:
https://github.com/ic005k/OCAuxiliaryTools
Mapped usb ports using IORegistryExplorer, ProperTree, USBInjectAll.kext and USBmap.kext:
https://github.com/khronokernel/IORegistryClone/blob/master/ioreg-302.zip
https://github.com/corpnewt/ProperTree
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/manual/manual.html#usb-mapping-the-manual-way

It was a learning process that lasted about 6 weeks in all.

Of note is that the Apple recovery mode used to install macOS did not work with the integrated Ethernet. I had to use a usb to Ethernet adapter to install macOS but after it was running, the integrated Ethernet (I225-V) worked great. It was also required when upgrading from Big Sur to Monterey.

I could not get the OpenCore boot to Windows to work so I set Misc/Boot/ShowPicker > False in config.plist.
and use the UEFI Boot setup to choose to boot from Windows or macOS drive.
This requires hitting the del key at the correct moment during the boot sequence to enter UEFI Boot setup.

Last edited:
Thank you for your efforts. I successfully used your EFI file to install and enter the system!
But I still found some problems: USB2.0's device cannot be installed in usb3.0 interface work, such as my USB keyboard. I used utbmap to remap my USB in windows, and generated USBports.kext in hackintool ,the problem is solved!
I didn't encounter the problem that windows can't boot. Maybe it's because I turned off the fast boot in windows, or maybe you can try to add ssdt-ocos.aml in ACPI to make multiple operating systems share a DSDT. Or modify DSDT.aml directly

Thank you for your efforts. I successfully used your EFI file to install and enter the system!
But I still found some problems: USB2.0's device cannot be installed in usb3.0 interface work, such as my USB keyboard. I used utbmap to remap my USB in windows, and generated USBports.kext in hackintool ,the problem is solved!
I didn't encounter the problem that windows can't boot. Maybe it's because I turned off the fast boot in windows, or maybe you can try to add ssdt-ocos.aml in ACPI to make multiple operating systems share a DSDT. Or modify DSDT.aml directly
Thanks for the info. The computer has been shipped to my son but will try ssdt-ocos.aml when I can.

My understanding is that macOS only supports 15 usb ports. I mapped 2 usb 2.0 and 5 usb 3.0 ports on the rear panel, 4 usb 3.0 ports on the front panel, 1 port was used for the AURA lighting, and 1 for the usb 2 hub on the motherboard. That used 13 of the 15 available. The two remaining ports where used to provide usb 2.0 on two of the usb 3.0 ports on the front panel.

Where you able to implement more than 15 usb ports?

I have not gotten the Asus Thunderboltex 4 ports working in macOS yet. Have you done anything with thunderbolt?

I would like to look at your USBports.kext if you could post it here. I'm still learning :)

I would like to look at your USBports.kext if you could post it here. I'm still learning :)
Well, there seems to be no way to solve the 15 port limit now. I just made some choices in windows
For example, I don't have a typec device, so I deleted my typec port mapping
Or for some USB interfaces, I do not need to access the USB 2 device, so I delete its USB 2 port mapping
Aura lighting is not available under MacOS so it can be deleted
A USB 3 interface supports both USB 2 and USB 3. If you delete its USB 2 port mapping, the USB interface will not be able to use the USB 2 device
As for USB hub, it is only an extension of USB interface, which should only occupy one port in MacOS
I haven't tried USB map. I prefer the USB port of hackintool because it's more perfect
You can customize USB by using USB toolbox in windows, because it can ignore the 15 port limit of MAC
I haven't tried thunderbolt. I heard that using thunderbolt in hackintosh is very complex and may encounter many problems. Maybe you can try it?
Here is the link of usbtoolsbox: https://github.com/USBToolBox
I will post my USBports later
By the way,can you use the Carside?I tried carside. My iPad has a black screen and won't display anything

Back