Contribute
Register

Monterey Installs but Green Screen on Boot (GB H370)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370N
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 20th Anniv. Mac
  2. 512K
  3. Apple
  4. iMac
  5. Lisa
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been able to keep my build (Gigabyte H370, i5-8400, Intel UHD630) working and updated from Mavericks through Catalina without too many issues under Clover. But I finally took the plunge and switched to OC (0.78) to support upgrading to Monterey. After a few misfires I was able to get the Monterey USB to boot and install onto a clone of my Catalina drive. But when I try to boot into Monterey using the OC config from the USB I get a low resolution solid green screen with a large cursor in the upper left corner.

I would normally suspect a WhateverGreen framebuffer config issue but I used the same framebuffer info from the working Clover config. I've gone over the OC install guide so many times I think I could recite it from memory. Any ideas on what I'm overlooking?

Attachments

• opencore-2022-04-03-183944.txt
    256 KB · Views: 44
I've been able to keep my build (Gigabyte H370, i5-8400, Intel UHD630) working and updated from Mavericks through Catalina without too many issues under Clover. But I finally took the plunge and switched to OC (0.78) to support upgrading to Monterey. After a few misfires I was able to get the Monterey USB to boot and install onto a clone of my Catalina drive. But when I try to boot into Monterey using the OC config from the USB I get a low resolution solid green screen with a large cursor in the upper left corner.

I would normally suspect a WhateverGreen framebuffer config issue but I used the same framebuffer info from the working Clover config. I've gone over the OC install guide so many times I think I could recite it from memory. Any ideas on what I'm overlooking?
Hi Purdy,

I've had a look at your EFI. Seems you were missing quite a number of required settings, namely some missing ACPIs like SSDT-HPET, SSDT-SBUS-MCHC and SSDT-UIAC-ALL. Also your kext load sequence was wrong - you started off with loading IntelMausi as the first kext when that should have been one of the last ones to load. You should always start off with loading the 4 main vital kexts first which are Lilu, VirtualSMC, AppleALC and Whatevergreen. While you did install SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO were also missing a processor info file such as CPUFriend. That and missing Intel WiFi and Bluetooth drivers for your board. And missing framebuffer VRAM values for the IGPU. While the Intel WiFi drivers should work for AX200 series cards I am not entirely sure if they work with your CNVi card, you may have to do some research on this. You also had some minor missing efi drivers as well as useful tools such as OpenCanopy and OpenControl. You did correctly uncheck XHCIPortLimit for Monterey, but failed to install a USB map of sorts, either custom or otherwise. Maybe the green screen you got was due to these issues (as the pointer lacked a useable device). I also noticed you didn't completely remove all your UUID and system serials before posting the EFI and left some out marked XXXX. Unless it's intentional, I need to stress you do need a full UUID for the system to work properly.

So I've gone ahead and done most of the updates above for you. I've set the CPUFriend as enabled for now - to boot Monterey it is required to either use CPUFriend or check ProvideCurrentCPUInfo. I've temporarily added a USBInjectAll and USBMap.kext you can use. I have enabled the USBInjectAll and left XHCIPortLimit as disabled. It should allow you to boot into Monterey. But you must create a custom USB map afterwards, preferably with a tool like Corpnewt's USBMap tool. > https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap. If USBInjectAll doesn't work then the temporary USBMap kext surely should.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.5 MB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back