1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I've been trying to find out why my build fails at the 12-minute point during the installation of Monterey. This hardware used to work but this is a clean install as I experienced an SSD failure.

Once the installation has failed, it reboots into safe mode with prompts to enter BIOS. I notice that the bootable devices list now only shows "UEFI OS (SSK 1507), the OpenCore USB device is no longer showing. The only way to overcome this is by removing the M.2 installation and Resting NVRAM, this breaks the boot loop.

I have followed the Dortania install guide for a CoffeeLake build. The one exception, my BIOS won't let me turn off 'Intel Platform Trust Technology'. Selecting Disable works, but then on reboot, it reboots a second time like there's an error. Going back into the BIOS screen, the option has been re-enabled. I'm not sure if this is affecting the installation as it's recommended this function be disabled.

Would it be possible for someone to look at my attached EFI to see if I've messed things up, and what the possible reason could be for this install issue?

I have checked all kexts, drivers, and bootloaders are up-to-date. I am using OC 0.8.5.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 54
Hello,

I've been trying to find out why my build fails at the 12-minute point during the installation of Monterey. This hardware used to work but this is a clean install as I experienced an SSD failure.

Once the installation has failed, it reboots into safe mode with prompts to enter BIOS. I notice that the bootable devices list now only shows "UEFI OS (SSK 1507), the OpenCore USB device is no longer showing. The only way to overcome this is by removing the M.2 installation and Resting NVRAM, this breaks the boot loop.

I have followed the Dortania install guide for a CoffeeLake build. The one exception, my BIOS won't let me turn off 'Intel Platform Trust Technology'. Selecting Disable works, but then on reboot, it reboots a second time like there's an error. Going back into the BIOS screen, the option has been re-enabled. I'm not sure if this is affecting the installation as it's recommended this function be disabled.

Would it be possible for someone to look at my attached EFI to see if I've messed things up, and what the possible reason could be for this install issue?

I have checked all kexts, drivers, and bootloaders are up-to-date. I am using OC 0.8.5.

Hello.

The first thing I would try is changing the Misc/Security/SecureBootModel setting to "Disabled" in your config.plist.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back