Contribute
Register

Monitor Turns Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willima,

I have the GeForce GTX 560 2048 MB

Funny I was able to install Mavricks with the opposite settings: GraphicEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 Mode=1920x1000x32

Since my graphics card is in the second slot it's
PCIRootUID=1, not PCIRootUID=0 for the first slot.

But can't boot into Mavricks as the black screen appears after the
light gray apple screen.

The same here, at installing 10.9 Mavericks from unibeast USB. Very common problem, as i see.
MB: Gigabyte EP35-DS3R
VIDEO: Asus GeForce 8800 GTS 512mb (was OOB everytime)

I tried almost all key combinations, and even custom NVDANV50hal - nothing works.
Everytime after the moment the display losts signal - desktop continues to work, maybe even loads to install screen. I can't see it. And one more - after reset, in 100% of cases MB BIOS crashes (with the reset of settings and with error message).

Hope it helps.

Update: if it's allowed — i can share a link to some insane mac forum, where guys are talking about removing all nvidia drivers from usb to achieve installation screen. Maybe, this will work, but i don't know how to make it. Can you help?

Update 2: SOLVED!
GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 Mode=1680x1050x32 (native resolution of display)

Thank you !this solved my problem . Just a small clarification for the mode setting : it is not the monitors native resolution that you need to input there , it is the maximum value you see if you press the " Video info " setting in the boot drop-down menu. For example i have a GTX460 and in that menu i have 1280x800x32 as the highest vale , while my monitors native resolution is full hd . I tried with 1920x1080x32 as a value and it didn't work :( . Then when i entered the one i got from the video. Worked like a charm !

i knew it! something has gone screwy with the video drivers for mavericks. that is why some machines don't boot/display after install and why HD7000 is affected by poor performance.

i'm gonna test by swapping in different HDD and trying a clean install before upgrading.

Still have problem, i am not able to boot install screen with GTX560, Last line with verbose mode is something like "fallback to old SMC mode" anyone have some idea?

i think we know for sure mavericks is set to "graphicsenabler=no" for some odd reason.

Hi, I have the same issue,

I tried it with the following boot options one by one:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=0
npci=0x3000

no chance to get it working.

I am using a "Zotac GeForce GT 430" Card
It worked perfect with Mountain Lion and was detected as:

Chipset Model: GeForce GT 430
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0de1
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 70.08.29.00.00
Displays:
BenQ G2420HDB:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: 5AA04118SL000
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

I also booted the System with the -v Option.
I recorded the last messages with my iPhone because it's scrolling fast..
But I couldn't find anything which may cause this issue maybe anyone else can find anything:

https://vimeo.com/77603321?utm_sour...lZTlmN2UwZGMyNTUxfDE0NjU5NzU4fDEzODI1NDAwNjc=

I will also try it whit this Option when I am at home:
-x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0
..."Try also using IGPEnabler=No/Yes depending on if you are using Graphics Card (No) or Integrated graphics (Yes)"...

I used GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 Mode=1650x1050x32 (my screen resolution) and it worked.....
try this and for mode use your screen resolution....

GL

okay after intial install, when comes time to restart, i get no video again and the command the works the first time doesn't work.

EDIT: "I needed the flags PCIRootUID=1 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes" seems to have worked at this point. still have yet to see what happens post install.

EDIT: "I needed the flags PCIRootUID=1 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes" seems to have worked at this point. still have yet to see what happens post install.

I was having problems as in the past I was always able to add "Graphics Mode"="1680X1050X32" and it would boot that resolution. It didn't seem to work for me with current cham and uni installer, when I tried Mode=1680X1050X32 it worked fine (with the arguments you posted above.) I knew I was close, now I am going to test everything else on this current rig GA-G31M-ES2L w/ GTX280 .. Installing now..

If I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes GraphicsMode=1440x900x32 the monitor does not loose signal, but all I can get is the default light gray background with the damn :beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back