Contribute
Register

Monitor Turns Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes GraphicsMode=1440x900x32 the monitor does not loose signal, but all I can get is the default light gray background with the damn :beachball:

Leave it like that for a few minutes it will change to the dark blue linen pattern . Had the same issue .

Same issue here......Trying to Update from Fresh install of Lion to Mavericks. I am NOT able to get past the gray  screen after it goes black & turns my monitor "off".

MOBO: P55A-UD3 F11
CPU: Intel Core i3-550 Clarkdale
GPU: MSI N240GT-MD1G/D5 GeForce GT 240 1GB

I have tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes/NO PCIRootUID=1 (with & without "Mode=1920x1080x32")
Also tried with -x

No combination of the above have worked... :(

PLEASE HELP!

Same issue here......Trying to Update from Fresh install of Lion to Mavericks. I am NOT able to get past the gray  screen after it goes black & turns my monitor "off".

MOBO: P55A-UD3 F11
CPU: Intel Core i3-550 Clarkdale
GPU: MSI N240GT-MD1G/D5 GeForce GT 240 1GB

I have tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes/NO PCIRootUID=1 (with & without "Mode=1920x1080x32")
Also tried with -x

No combination of the above have worked... :(

PLEASE HELP!

Boot to Unibeast > Press Down arrow and select VIDEO INFO > Use the highest mode you can find there for the "Mode=SIZExSIZExBITS" not 1920x1080x32. I was having the same problems as you and after i used 1280x800x32 as the value for Mode , it worked perfectly

Flags i used GraphicsEnabler=Yes Mode=1280x800x32(replace this with your value) -v ( Verbose mode so i can see if there are errors)

You could also add -x ( safe mode ) is those 3 dont work .

How do I use/implement "boot flags?"

While in the Chimera startup screen ( the screen with the tonymac disk icon and progress bar moving towards the left ) hit the spacebar and a "boot:" window will appear at the bottom of the screen. Type in your flags with no commas and hit enter to proceed. Try different combos until one works.

I've also got a P55A-UD3 and a GTX 460 can't get to the install screen.

I'm in AHCI, HPET is at 64 bit.
I've tried GraphicsEnabler, Graphics Mode, -x, -v, PCIRootUID, can't get anything to work. Screen goes black.

1. Using GraphicsEnabler=Yes Mode=1920x1080x32 -v, I get the error "RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes) before the verbose text freezes.

2. With GraphicsEnabler=Yes Mode=1920x1080x32 IGPEnabler=No -v, booting gets to a mention of SMC timed out, BluetoothIO and then goes dark.

3. With npci=0x2000 -v, same as #2.

For those interested....

My configuration with the Gigabyte X58A-UD7 Rev 2.0 board with FD BIOS and a GTX580 required this

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 Mode=1920x1080x32 (for a 27 inch monitor)

I have successfully run the installer, and added these options with Multibeast to get a fully bootable system.

I know at time it might seem futile, but work through the forums and you will find success somewhere with all of the feedback, thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back