Contribute
Register

Monitor Turns Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be sure... is your Monitor connected to the DVI or HDMI port ?

It's good to know I'm not the only one. I'm using my DVI port, and my current ML install with 10.8.5 boots perfectly. I've seen in a thread from 2012 that we need to place the current nvidia drivers (or, I assume, the working drivers from mountain lion?) in Systems/Library/Extensions in our unibeast drive, but I can not see these folders on the drive. All I see is the install OSX mountain lion app.

Got it working now. I've used ONLY these Bootflags:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1

I had the same problem, solved by:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes Mode=2560x1440x32

Apparently you have to tell it the native resolution.

I will try those suggestions tonight and see how I fare.

I had the same problem, solved by:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes Mode=2560x1440x32

Apparently you have to tell it the native resolution.

This worked for my motherboard GA-H61M-DS2H....I was able to see the screen to install Mavericks on the hard drive.

This worked for me on P55M-UD2 and Geforce 9800 GTX

GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v -x

Make sure DSDT is in the extra folder on the Unibest USB stick. I also moved the "org.chameleon.boot.plist" and "smbios.plist" from my extra folder on ML to the extra folder on the USB stick.

Hope this helps!

i use GraphicsEnabler=Yes Mode=1920x1080x32 to solve the disable of the monitor

my configuration:
Asus sabertooth x58 with i7 920
nvidia gtx 260 (gainward golden sample)
lg fullhd monitor connected with DVI

The same here, at installing 10.9 Mavericks from unibeast USB. Very common problem, as i see.
MB: Gigabyte EP35-DS3R
VIDEO: Asus GeForce 8800 GTS 512mb (was OOB everytime)

I tried almost all key combinations, and even custom NVDANV50hal - nothing works.
Everytime after the moment the display losts signal - desktop continues to work, maybe even loads to install screen. I can't see it. And one more - after reset, in 100% of cases MB BIOS crashes (with the reset of settings and with error message).

Hope it helps.

Update: if it's allowed — i can share a link to some insane mac forum, where guys are talking about removing all nvidia drivers from usb to achieve installation screen. Maybe, this will work, but i don't know how to make it. Can you help?

Update 2: SOLVED!
GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 Mode=1680x1050x32 (native resolution of display)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back