2. iOS
Hello people!

My system:
Type: Desktop
Motherboard: Asus P8H61-M LX3 R2.0
CPU: Intel i3 3.4MHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3
VGA: GeForce 9800 GT

I managed to install OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 (14B25) following the tutorial suggested here on the site (UniBeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC), but I had some problems, which are:

By loading the system (part of the Apple logo and loading bar) the monitor loses signal and does not return.
I managed to solve this problem in two ways:

- Using "nv_disable=1" in the Boot-Flags and/or Making Backup of the Kexts Graphics by Single-User mode (-s);

However , when the system starts, the graphics are slow to load.

I know the solution is to download and install the Kext (Driver) of my system... Is where the problem lies!

I do not know where I can find the Kexts (Drivers) for my system.

Could someone tell me at least where I can find them and how to install them?

-
Certainly, if we find a solution for this post... will help others who have the same problem.

Waiting reply, THANK YOU! :beachball:

--------------------------------------

Edit: I used the "Legacy USB Support" mode to create the bootable USB. This has something to do with my problem?

I suspect the problem is your 9800GT card, which is so old I'd guess that Yosemite's NVIDIA drivers won't handle it.

Try downloading and installing the NVIDIA Web Drivers for the Mac. (Do a Google search)...

I suspect the problem is your 9800GT card, which is so old I'd guess that Yosemite's NVIDIA drivers won't handle it.

Try downloading and installing the NVIDIA Web Drivers for the Mac. (Do a Google search)...

I've tried this without success.

I think just the Kext of my VGA can solve this problem. But do not know where I can find it. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Chongas!

Did you solve your problem? I have same issue with my computer.

Hi Chongas!

Did you solve your problem? I have same issue with my computer.

Same issue means, your screen going black or stuck somewhere in booting or the system going with rolling reboot??

Same issue means, your screen going black or stuck somewhere in booting or the system going with rolling reboot??

When I tried to instal Mavericks or Yosemite my monitor goes black in booting proces. I tried with this flag "nv_disable=1" but than booting stuck immediately after cursor is showing up for the first time (actually it transforms quickly into the beach ball). I didn't have any problems with Mountain Lion instalation.

When I tried to instal Mavericks or Yosemite my monitor goes black in booting proces. I tried with this flag "nv_disable=1" but than booting stuck immediately after cursor is showing up for the first time (actually it transforms quickly into the beach ball). I didn't have any problems with Mountain Lion instalation.

I am not sure whether your Graphics Card GeForce 9500GT will support Yosemite or not,it seems like an old card. Also please avoid the VGA Port connections. Use DVI/HDMI ports for monitor connections.

Try booting with flags "PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back