Contribute
Register

Mojave Update - Panic on Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
See attached.

• Pixelated Graphics.
    • You did not upload "Apple>AboutThisMac>Overview " screen shot and
    • "System Report>Graphics and Displays " screen shot to help in finding its cause.

Ok. Already been working on that. I'll advise when it's complete.

• None to fix an already created Windows 10 installation.
  • You may have to reinstall Windows 10 in UEFI mode to dual boot.
    • Creating a UEFI bootable USB installer using the Downloaded Windows 10 ISO Image using Rufus (Freeware) on to a 4-8 GB Flash drive is the best in my personal experience in doing Windows installation on a Hard disk.
    • If you don't have another Windows PC, you can disconnect Hackintosh System Disk and boot legacy Windows and get your Windows 10 ISO image to Windows and Download Rufus to that PC and launch Rufus and create the new UEFI USB installer Disk for Windows 10.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 8.28.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 8.28.01 PM.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 8.29.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 8.29.59 PM.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 134
Ok. I now have a working Windows disk in UEFI mode. This is not a top priority however do you have a suggestion to transfer my data off my old Windows disk to my new UEFI disk? I have a lot of programs and stuff.

Did you sort out your Windows boot mode from Legacy to UEFI (you did not even report confirming it through MSINFO32 in in Windows 10)?
  • Did you complete the fix I suggested?
  • Did you later detect in the BIOS UEFI Prefix to Windows 10 Disk in Boot Option Priorities?

Ok. I now have a working Windows disk in UEFI mode. This is not a top priority however do you have a suggestion to transfer my data off my old Windows disk to my new UEFI disk? I have a lot of programs and stuff.
  • You will have to Install the Programs afresh on the new Windows disk. You cannot just copy Program Folders and paste them to new disk because Windows works through System Registry.
  • As far as personal files (created using those Programs) are concerned, you can simply copy and paste them to corresponding Folders in your new system.
    • Although that disk is not bootable in this computer in UEFI boot mode, you can connect that to the new system and view the files and copy from disk to disk.
    • If your Computer Case's HDD cage is too small to accommodate another disk, you can get a SATA data cable and Power cable out of the open case Panel, leave the old disk out and carry out the file transfer.
    • If you don't want to open the case at all, you may connect the disk through SATA to USB adapter for file transfer.

Last edited:
Ok. I thought so. Did the screen shots I last posted give you any clue with my graphics issue?

• You will have to Install the Programs afresh on the new Windows disk. You cannot just copy Program Folders and paster them to new disk because Windows works through System Registry.
  • As far as personal files (created using those Programs) are concerned, you can simply copy and paste them to corresponding Folders in your new system.
    • Although that disk is not bootable in this computer in UEFI boot mode, you can connect that to the new system and view the files and copy from disk to disk.
    • If your Computer Case's HDD cage is too small to accommodate another disk, you can get a SATA data cable and Power cable out of the open case Panel, leave the old disk out and carry out the file transfer.
    • If you don't want to open the case at all, you may connect the disk through SATA to USB adapter for file transfer.

Ok. I thought so. Did the screen shots I last posted give you any clue with my graphics issue?

I don't have that card to test.
That card used to work OOB in Mac Pro till 2012.
You changed SMBIOS Mac Model to Mac Pro 2010.
Is that what you wanted me to spot?
If I am way off base, you can explain exactly how you did it, so readers with that card benefit from your approach.

I really have no rhyme or reason as to why I chose that. I was just trying to choose something similar to my machine and a newer model base. I honestly will probably change it something more recent. I didn’t notice it was such an older model.

I haven’t hand any issues with my card in previous versions of OSX. Mojave was the first time.

I don't have that card to test.
That card used to work OOB in Mac Pro till 2012.
You changed SMBIOS Mac Model to Mac Pro 2010.
Is that what you wanted me to spot?
If I am way off base, you can explain exactly how you did it, so readers with that card benefit from your approach.

What do I need to put in the "Hide Volume" section of Clover Configurator to remove extra options while booting?
  • Config.plist has problems in several SECTIONS. (see images)
  • Missing SMBIOS Product name can cause Graphics problem even with proper Fake ID and ig-p-id.
  • Make sure your Monitor is connected via HDMI or DVI cable to the Intel HD Graphics port; VGA won't work

Just an update. From the research I've been doing, it seems to me that the GTX 660 is a Kepler based GPU and according to information on the forums, Kepler cards should be compatible with Mojave. I disabled my Intel graphics completely, and changed my BIOS settings to use my GPU via PCI slot exclusively. So far, seems to be working. I'll advise of any changes.

Glitch issue with GTX 660 is a known issue since macOS High Sierra.
See GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Didn't last long. Glitched graphics still.

Just an update. From the research I've been doing, it seems to me that the GTX 660 is a Kepler based GPU and according to information on the forums, Kepler cards should be compatible with Mojave. I disabled my Intel graphics completely, and changed my BIOS settings to use my GPU via PCI slot exclusively. So far, seems to be working. I'll advise of any changes.

Didn't last long. Glitched graphics still.

BreBo had warned you!
Which is better IGFX or this PEG for your day-today use?
Are you going for a different PCIE Graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back