Contribute
Register

Mojave Update - Panic on Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached are the BIOS screenshots and my current CLOVER. Judging by myself not being able to see the Windows disk in Clover Configurator, I'm going to assume its Legacy. I'm currently going to follow your steps to convert it to UEFI.
  • Config.plist has problems in several SECTIONS. (see images)
  • Missing SMBIOS Product name can cause Graphics problem even with proper Fake ID and ig-p-id.
  • Make sure your Monitor is connected via HDMI or DVI cable to the Intel HD Graphics port; VGA won't work

Attachments

• 1.Drivers64UEFI.png
    1.Drivers64UEFI.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 2.kexts:Other.png
    2.kexts:Other.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 3.ACPI__almost empty_may be OK.png
    3.ACPI__almost empty_may be OK.png
    403.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 4.Boot.png
    4.Boot.png
    415.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 5.Devices.png
    5.Devices.png
    325.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 6.Gui .png
    6.Gui .png
    326.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 7.Kernel and Kext patches.png
    7.Kernel and Kext patches.png
    254.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 8.Rt Variables.png
    8.Rt Variables.png
    407.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 9.SMBIOS.png
    9.SMBIOS.png
    345.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 10.System Parameters.png
    10.System Parameters.png
    405.8 KB · Views: 108
Just to confirm, my HDMI cable shouldn’t be connected to the port on the graphics card l? Rather the one on the MB?

• Missing SMBIOS Product name can cause Graphics problem even with proper Fake ID and ig-p-id.
  • Make sure your Monitor is connected via HDMI or DVI cable to the Intel HD Graphics port; VGA won't work

Just to confirm, my HDMI cable shouldn’t be connected to the port on the graphics card l? Rather the one on the MB?
Connect the HDMI cable from Monitor to the Motherboard's HDMI Port (i.e . the Integrated Intel Graphics 4000)

Edited to add: Your Nvidia GTX 660 is not natively supported in Mojave ; no Webdrivers to inject-> and will cause Display problem.
The config.plist is made to use the Intel HD with Fake ID and ig.p-id without problems,.

Last edited:
Is there a way to make the GTX 660 work? I need the power of the graphics card for graphic design, games, etc.

Connect the HDMI cable from Monitor to the Motherboard's HDMI Port (i.e . the Integrated Intel Graphics 4000)

Edited to add: Your Nvidia GTX 660 is not natively supported in Mojave ; no Webdrivers to inject-> and will cause Display problem.
The config.plist is made to use the Intel HD with Fake ID and ig.p-id without problems,.

And sorry to be a pain, but with all of those highlights you sent on the uploaded images, I don't know what's supposed to go in any of those fields.

Ok. I selected and set up the SMBIOS. I wanted to confirm that in the "Devices" photo, I was supposed to uncheck everything in USB and Audio.

I don't know what is supposed to go in GUI or Boot flags or how to eliminate extra boot options. And what "Kernal & Kext Patches" might I need?

I've been trying to run the MBR2GPT.exe in windows however I keep getting a Validation failure when using it natively in Windows 10 and when I googled the process, I was directed towards using a 3rd party application in which it states there isn't enough space to make the conversion. Any suggestions?

Whatever name you give in the disk properties of Windows is what CCG will be displaying. If there is no Unique name given to the Disk, Windows will call it "Local disk C:" ; then CCG will call it "Untitled"

If you have used Windows DVD , it routinely tries to steer you toward choosing a Legacy Mode installation. If you had made a Windows 10 USB Installer, you have a better chance to create a UEFI Boot disk that will create a UEFI Windows installation.

• In the BIOS Boot Option Priorities , list you can see your OS disks (including USB Installer disk if inserted) .
  • Any disk that has a UEFI boot mode will have UEFI prefixed to DiskID (See BIOS screen images) Legacy Mode disk won't show UEFI prefix

• Your CCG screen shots are not in full view (part of it cutoff) for me to say definitively much. You have visual memory of what you saw going through both the upper and lower part of the divided Right panel of CCG window. Unfortunately you cannot maximize the screen to show all disk partitions and EFI in one view.
    • If your Windows is in Legacy Mode , you cannot see it in CBM screen which is created by the MacOS with Clover in UEFI mode.
  • You can check BIOS to see if your Windows disk has UEFI as a prefix.
  • You can also disconnect the Hackintosh disk, Reboot> Find your BIOS screens Take Photos to document how it is set up.
  • Boot to Windows> then Open MSINFO32 and you will find it to be in Legacy mode.
    • Starting in Windows 10 version 1703 build 15063, you can use the MBR2GPT.EXE command line tool to convert a disk from Master Boot Record (MBR) (used in Legacy BIOS) to GUID Partition Table (GPT)(used in UEFI) without having to clean install Windows 10 or modifying or deleting data on the disk. The tool is designed to be run from a Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) command prompt, but can also be run from the full Windows 10 operating system (OS).
    • If your PC or motherboard supports UEFI, then you could use the MBR2GPT tool to switch from a Legacy BIOS to UEFI Windows 10 installation without data loss.

Upload your CLOVER from the System Disk

And sorry to be a pain, but with all of those highlights you sent on the uploaded images, I don't know what's supposed to go in any of those fields.

• Did you sort out your Windows boot mode from Legacy to UEFI (you did not even report confirming it through MSINFO32 in in Windows 10)?
    • Did you complete the fix I suggested?
    • Did you later detect in the BIOS UEFI Prefix to Windows 10 Disk in Boot Option Priorities?

• Now, to answer all the changes you might need in your config.plist, you need to report problems if any encountered while booting or using your Mojave.

• You have already reported 2 issues:
  • Inability to dual boot Windows with Mojave .
    • Missing Windows 10 from CBM scene ( and later you found it was missing in BIOS as UEFI)
  • Pixelated Graphics.
    • You did not upload "Apple>AboutThisMac>Overview " screen shot and
    • "System Report>Graphics and Displays " screen shot to help in finding its cause.

• With the uploaded CLOVER, I suspected you probably did not connect a Digital cable between the Monitor and Intel HD 4000 Graphics Port as you have already edited the CLOVER/config.plist properly to use Intel HD 4000.
  • I guessed the problem could be Hardware related or
    • BIOS related (IGFX NOT Enabled).
  • You fix the issues we have clearly identified, boot and use the system and report clearly, with screen shots when possible, other issues you face.
  • That way we can diagnose and suggest fixes.
  • I don't have your exact hardware to give you a 'blueprint' of what exactly to do.

I've been trying to run the MBR2GPT.exe in windows however I keep getting a Validation failure when using it natively in Windows 10 and when I googled the process, I was directed towards using a 3rd party application in which it states there isn't enough space to make the conversion. Any suggestions?
  • None to fix an already created Windows 10 installation.
  • You may have to reinstall Windows 10 in UEFI mode to dual boot.
    • Creating a UEFI bootable USB installer using the Downloaded Windows 10 ISO Image using Rufus (Freeware) on to a 4-8 GB Flash drive is the best in my personal experience in doing Windows installation on a Hard disk.
    • If you don't have another Windows PC, you can disconnect Hackintosh System Disk and boot legacy Windows and get your Windows 10 ISO image to Windows and Download Rufus to that PC and launch Rufus and create the new UEFI USB installer Disk for Windows 10.

Ok. I selected and set up the SMBIOS. I wanted to confirm that in the "Devices" photo, I was supposed to uncheck everything in USB and Audio.

I don't know what is supposed to go in GUI or Boot flags or how to eliminate extra boot options. And what "Kernal & Kext Patches" might I need?

In your Hackintosh, do you have any Audio issue? Do you have any USB issue? If none; no need to change anything in those fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back