i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I cannot seem to update my hackintosh! Ugh!

During the boot process of the installer I get "Unsupported CPU" and "Unsupported PCH". I added "-no_compat_check" to my boot arguments.

I can still boot off "Macintosh HD". Attached are debug files (generated by install_tools) and clover.zip (my clover installation)

I appreciate any help - and I appreciate the fact that so much has gone into making macOS work on my computer in the first place!!

Thanks!

IMG_1024.JPG

Attachments

• debug_4855.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 46
  • debug_31863.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 41
  • clover.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 70
Serial ports should be disabled in the BIOS settings.

More detail - after booting the installer again, I let it sit at the same place as my original screen shot. After 4 minutes I finally got a GUI which simply gave this screen.
IMG_1025.JPG

More detail - after booting the installer again, I let it sit at the same place as my original screen shot. After 4 minutes I finally got a GUI which simply gave this screen.
View attachment 485462

Hi there.

I'm not 100% sure I have a handle on this but I notice that your Clover folder is quite mixed-up.

For example you apparently have Clover version r5118 installed. This uses the newer tree of CLOVER folders but you are using the older, pre-5000 version layout:

Drivers.jpg

You should only need one drivers folder. The necessary *.efi drivers should be in drivers/UEFI. Clover is actually fairly forgiving, but since you are having problems, it's worth sorting.

:)

Hi,
I cannot seem to update my hackintosh! Ugh!

During the boot process of the installer I get "Unsupported CPU" and "Unsupported PCH". I added "-no_compat_check" to my boot arguments.

I can still boot off "Macintosh HD". Attached are debug files (generated by install_tools) and clover.zip (my clover installation)

I appreciate any help - and I appreciate the fact that so much has gone into making macOS work on my computer in the first place!!

Thanks!

View attachment 485441
Test this EFi, you can add more fixes if it gets you through the update.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 242
My clover was a mess. I cleaned it up. Got rid of unnecessary junk and got the update to fly (from an apple KB article I decided to download and run the install from a pkg)

After all was said and done the system did, indeed, update properly and I am back up and running! Yay!
Thanks for everyone's help, especially gigamaxx's EFI zip that helped me get it all together properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back