Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave Install SSD Missing in Disk Utility | 10.14.5 | P9x79 | i7 4820K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P9x79
CPU
i7 4820K
Graphics
R9 270
I'm currently building my first hackintosh, using the createinstallmedia method I've managed to get the USB installer to boot to the macOS installer but the only drive listed is the boot USB. The verbose boot messages shows multiple timeouts with the message:
busy timeout[0], (240s): `IOSCSILogicalUnitNub, `IOAHCIDevice`
Which sounds like it may be causing this issue. It does this timeout 4 or 5 times, which makes the boot to installer take around 20 minutes, plus the other timeout shown at the bottom of the attached image.

I've tried many things including adding various kexts (e.g. AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, SATA-unsupported, AHCIPortInjector), formatting the target SSD with gparted into HFS+, plugging in an HDD instead and changing the SMBIOS version and I've run out of ideas now.
I've set my BIOS to AHCI and I can see the drives in clover, just not in the macOS installer.

Is there a specific x79 or 7 series SATA patch I need to get SATA drives to be listed in Disk Utility?

Attachments

• 20190606_164137_HDR.jpg
    20190606_164137_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 222
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 215
UPDATE:

I managed to get the installer to detect a PCIe NVMe drive, so I installed Mojave on that, but I still can't see any of the SATA drives and when I boot. With the SATA drives connected it still gives me:
busy timeout[0], (60s): `IOAHCIDevice`
When I don't connect any SATA drives there is no timeout, so obviously I need something to get the SATA drives to work. Also, I can't see any SATA drives when I enter Disk utility or use the terminal command: diskutil list.

My current setup is:
  • Motherboard: Asus P9X79
  • CPU: Intel i7 4820K
  • Graphics: Radeon R9 270
  • SATA Chipset: Intel X79
  • USB 3.1: ASMedia USB 3.1 Gen 1 controller
  • USB 2.0: Intel X79 chipset
Anyone encountered a similar issue?

I managed to get the installer to detect a PCIe NVMe drive, so I installed Mojave on that

• So you have a working macOSMojave from a PCIE NVMe SSD.

but I still can't see any of the SATA drives and when I boot.

• You are probably referring to SATA Hard Disk Drives and have not included any SATA Optical drives I suppose.

• When you say you cannot see any of the SATA drive , where exactly you are unable to see?
    • You cannot see them on BIOS Setup Screen in the Menu dealing with SATA controllers?
    • Are you saying the SATA hard disks are not showing up in Clover Boot Manager(CBM) Screen?
  • Do theses "SATA drives" contain any Oses or you have Stored any files?
    • If they are just storage drives what file system they have?

• Without any of these information which you have but readers don't, you cannot get any good answer.

You are probably referring to SATA Hard Disk Drives and have not included any SATA Optical drives I suppose.
I have a SATA SSD and a SATA HDD. I was hoping to use the NVMe drive for a different OS and install MacOS to the SATA SSD

When you say you cannot see any of the SATA drive , where exactly you are unable to see?
  • I can see the drives in Clover when booting and also in the BIOS
  • I CAN'T see the drives in the MacOS installer disk utility (see image)
    • I also can't see them listed in the disk utility when I boot from the NVMe install
Do theses "SATA drives" contain any Oses or you have Stored any files?
Both drives are currently formatted by Windows to NTFS, the HDD has just files but the SSD has a Windows installation currently.
As stated in post #1, I've also tried with the SSD formatted to HFS+

The drives shown in disk partition from the MacOS installer are just the USB installer partitions

Attachments

• 20190715_171432_HDR.jpg
    20190715_171432_HDR.jpg
    717.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 20190715_171338_HDR.jpg
    20190715_171338_HDR.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 157
I'm having the same problem

Did anybody find the solution? I am trying to run a hackintosh on Asus X79 Deluxe with 4930K and SSD (connected via SATA) does not show up like the OP said. I tried running various kexts as mentioned above, changing the bio settings, etc. I cannot find the solution. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back