Contribute
Register

Mojave install keeps rebooting at the same point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Precision 5530
CPU
i7-8850H
Graphics
Quadro P1000 & UHD 630, 1920x1080
Hi everyone, this is my first time trying to hackintosh. I've run into an issue that seems to occured whatever I do. I used 2 different USB sticks, no change.
These are the steps I took:
I used Unibeast 9.0.0 to create a Mojave installer USB.
I booted the machine from USB, used disk utility to format the Hard drive and begin installation. About halfway through, when the installer bar shows as halfway, the machine restarts.
In clover, I navigate over to to the hard drive (Not installation USB). I press enter, the apple logo appears, and it starts loading. And then, it just restarts again. So I navigate back to the hard drive, the apple logo appears, the loading bar appears, it says 15 minutes remaining. It stays like that for a few minutes, then restarts again.
It repeats this loop over and over again with no change.
What on earth could I be doing wrong?
I have checked all the dell bios settings I could, secure boot off, virtualization off, hyperthreading off, etc.
I made a new usb stick to boot from, and had the same issue.

Have you tried enable "verbose" mode at boot?

You can enable this from the Clover boot screen by adding "-v" flag:

Clover --> Options --> Boot Args: --> -v

This won't solve the problem, but it may provide important clues to determine what exactly is causing the reboots. A lot of lines of text will pass by quickly. People usually take a video of the entire process, select the video frame that shows the error message, and post it to this site.

VideoCapture_20181115-201549.jpgVideoCapture_20181115-201549.jpg VideoCapture_20181115-201628.jpg VideoCapture_20181115-201614.jpg
Have you tried enable "verbose" mode at boot?

You can enable this from the Clover boot screen by adding "-v" flag:

Clover --> Options --> Boot Args: --> -v

This won't solve the problem, but it may provide important clues to determine what exactly is causing the reboots. A lot of lines of text will pass by quickly. People usually take a video of the entire process, select the video frame that shows the error message, and post it to this site.
There are a hell of a lot of error messages. Here they are. Thanks for any help guys

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20181115-201642.jpg
    VideoCapture_20181115-201642.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 671
I searched this site for "rebooting" to see if others faced the same problem and how they managed to resolve it. I see there are several different root causes and solutions, so what I'm going to suggest below may or may not be the right one for you:

Several people encountered this problem because they did not format their USB installer disk properly.

In Disk Utilities, you must select "Show All Devices".
Then select the parent-level name of your USB disk.
And format (Erase) using "MacOS Journaled" and choose "GUID Partition Map".

If you do not see the option to choose the partition map type, then you did not select "Show All Devices" and you did not select the parent-level name of your USB disk.

This would be the first thing I would suggest... Hopefully others on the forum will chime in as well.

EDIT: On second thought, your USB disk would not even have booted if you didn't do the above. So please search this forum for "rebooting" to find the symptoms closest to yours...

Hi, thanks for this. However, I am sure this is fine. I did that in disk utility the first time. The second time, I did the following:
Terminal: $ diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk2 GPT JHFS + "USB" 100%
I searched this site for "rebooting" to see if others faced the same problem and how they managed to resolve it. I see there are several different root causes and solutions, so what I'm going to suggest below may or may not be the right one for you:

Several people encountered this problem because they did not format their USB installer disk properly.

In Disk Utilities, you must select "Show All Devices".
Then select the parent-level name of your USB disk.
And format (Erase) using "MacOS Journaled" and choose "GUID Partition Map".

If you do not see the option to choose the partition map type, then you did not select "Show All Devices" and you did not select the parent-level name of your USB disk.

This would be the first thing I would suggest... Hopefully others on the forum will chime in as well.

Hi everyone, this is my first time trying to hackintosh. I've run into an issue that seems to occured whatever I do. I used 2 different USB sticks, no change.
These are the steps I took:
I used Unibeast 9.0.0 to create a Mojave installer USB.
I booted the machine from USB, used disk utility to format the Hard drive and begin installation. About halfway through, when the installer bar shows as halfway, the machine restarts.
In clover, I navigate over to to the hard drive (Not installation USB). I press enter, the apple logo appears, and it starts loading. And then, it just restarts again. So I navigate back to the hard drive, the apple logo appears, the loading bar appears, it says 15 minutes remaining. It stays like that for a few minutes, then restarts again.
It repeats this loop over and over again with no change.
What on earth could I be doing wrong?
I have checked all the dell bios settings I could, secure boot off, virtualization off, hyperthreading off, etc.
I made a new usb stick to boot from, and had the same issue.

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Solved. I have the same issue with my computer keeps restarting over and over at 15 minutes remaining. I found one solution was to replace config.plist with a backup of my previous fresh installed of Mojave. So I trick to through that gate by replace config.plist and then after it reboots after that 15 minutes I once again replace again the original config.plist of unibeast. Then everything just fine.
Here my config.plist I used.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 610
Solved. I have the same issue with my computer keeps restarting over and over at 15 minutes remaining. I found one solution was to replace config.plist with a backup of my previous fresh installed of Mojave. So I trick to through that gate by replace config.plist and then after it reboots after that 15 minutes I once again replace again the original config.plist of unibeast. Then everything just fine.
Here my config.plist I used.
Hi! Running with the same problem of the 15min. So you used this config.plist first and it restarted at 15min remaining as always, isn't it? And then you used the config.plist of the UniBeast and then worked?

Hi! Running with the same problem of the 15min. So you used this config.plist first and it restarted at 15min remaining as always, isn't it? And then you used the config.plist of the UniBeast and then worked?
unibeast is for desktops

Read up on the FAQ first:

Link to laptop guide:
use latest clover from here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back