MSI Z97-G55
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
R9 290
Mac
  1. MacBook
First time builder-

So i have installed Mojave and i have this problem with booting, i have to try booting like 20 times before finally getting passed the image below and once it passes that point, everythings fine and loads normally - i Believe it might be a problem with ram mapping but i have followed tutorials but i feel like it not be correct mapping yet

my Rram is Kingston furyx 8 gb

My Files n drivers64UEFI and i have uploaded my config.plist any help is appreciated

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

Kexts are --
AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 12.06.06 AM.png
WhatsApp Image 2018-11-11 at 11.56.42 PM.jpeg

Attachments

• config-backup.plist
    17.1 KB · Views: 173
First time builder-

So i have installed Mojave and i have this problem with booting, i have to try booting like 20 times before finally getting passed the image below and once it passes that point, everythings fine and loads normally - i Believe it might be a problem with ram mapping but i have followed tutorials but i feel like it not be correct mapping yet

my Rram is Kingston furyx 8 gb

My Files n drivers64UEFI and i have uploaded my config.plist any help is appreciated

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

Kexts are --
AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

View attachment 364979 View attachment 364981
  • Based on the information you have provided about the computer Symptom of Multiple reboots to access CBM screen and the support files uploaded, I think your suspicion about a Memory Mapping issue seems to be correct.
  • I suggest the following changes to your drivers64UEFI folder contents marked with Red X to be removed for trial
  • Since your MoBo is Z97, from kexts/Other you may remove XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
  • The Green check marks are all OK kexts.

Attachments

• 1.driver64UEFI&kexts_Other.png
    1.driver64UEFI&kexts_Other.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 197
hey so from my understanding for the drivers , is that i should remove
SMCHELPER-64.EFI
csmVideoDxe
DatahubDxe
Applekeyfeeder
sorry just making sure because theyre not alligned correctly :)

Last edited:
hey so from my understanding for the drivers , is that i should remove
SMCHELPER-64.EFI
csmVideoDxe
DatahubDxe
Applekeyfeeder
sorry just making sure because theyre not alligned correctly :)

Sorry for the poor job of editing the image on Preview. With AptioMemoryFix-64.EFI , there is no need to add OsxAptioFix3Dev-64.EFI Remove that CsmVideoDxe-64.efi may be unnecessary I don't know why you needed AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi I think is used for Laptop keyboard.

Attachments

• 1.driver64UEFI&kexts_Other.png
    1.driver64UEFI&kexts_Other.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 189
Sorry for the poor job of editing the image on Preview. With AptioMemoryFix-64.EFI , there is no need to add OsxAptioFix3Dev-64.EFI Remove that CsmVideoDxe-64.efi may be unnecessary I don't know why you needed AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi I think is used for Laptop keyboard.

so i have removed these files, i also wanted to show you the mapping incase you have any comments as well

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 1.49.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 1.49.36 PM.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 95
so i have removed these files, i also wanted to show you the mapping incase you have any comments as well
Yeah , sometimes you have to do this too to show the system exactly what Memory you have installed. Under usual circumstances , this is not necessary but it is an added step toward resolving a difficult problem like you are facing ; been there, done that.

Did you see if there are any changes to the way you have to Boot/Reboot with multiple attempts to "refresh the memory" and 'coerce' them to enable booting the disk to reach the CBM screen?

In some case, especially in some 'less cared for" desktops sitting in 'dusty and damp' conditions, I would even remove the RAM Modules , clean their contacts and use an Electric Blower like DataVac Duster [Metro ED-500P DataVac Electric Duster 220V/UK PLUG or DustOff to blow off any dust or debris in the RAM sockets that might have accumulated causing the RAMs to 'miss behave'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back