Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170-UD3
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
Radeon vii
I just built a new system and I'm having trouble with system crashes. There is no kernel panic or "your system shut down because of a problem" message. The screen just goes black and I'm back to the BIOS.

I'm guessing it's GPU related, because it seems to happen more frequently when I'm using the GPU/iGPU. Google Earth in Chrome is the most consistent way to trigger it, I've found. I have followed the steps in this guide to no avail. I've tried all kinds of stuff from "Inject Intel" to frambuffer fixes to the "sapphire PULSE Vega 56 fan control guide" found at the link above.

As a side note, I've noticed that the fans on the GPU stop when MacOS finishes booting and don't ever spin back up. Additionally, crashes seem to happen more often the longer I'm on the machine. So is it possible this is a heat issue?
[EDIT: After Running Luxmark I verified that the GPU fans do, in fact spin up under load, and it didn't cause a crash]

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Gigabyte Aorus z390 pro
Intel Core i9 9900k
Sapphire Pulse Vega 56
WD Black NVMe SSD 1TB

Last edited:
After a little bit of further research, I found that the gpu fan control guide is also listed as a pinned thread under the graphics part of this forum. I have no GPU fans with or without the fixes mentioned there
[EDIT: After Running Luxmark I verified that the GPU fans do, in fact spin up under load, and it didn't cause a crash]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back