Contribute
Register

Mojave (14.1) install freezes at 2 minutes remaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please see Post #28, bullet #6. Use Clover Configurator to blank out IntelGFX and uncheck InjectIntel.

But you may edit the config.plist directly for changing the device-id.

Thx, it's booting the installer again, appreciate it!

OK so it booted the installer part of the way... sigh. I fiddled with the configuration a bit but the damn USB installer just would not boot again with video.

I ended up waiting for my M.2 > USB adapter to come in, this morning, and copied the drivers and config.plist from the USB installer to the EFI partition on the hackintosh, which seems to have worked. I've been able to boot a few times after installing some updates and the system seems to be working at a basic level. Using it now to post this.

Still to do:
  1. Get sound working
  2. Get proper video driver installed
  3. See if WiFi is supported (this MoBo has built in WiFi and if I can get it working, great, if not, I don't really need it)
  4. Get the Clover bootloader to just boot the macOS volume. No doubt that means I'll likely have to actually read some documentation... hah!
Eventually I will write this up with all the hoary details, post it to my blog and link it back to this thread. Thanks again to all the help guys!

===
You can see what the video is doing, sorta, here. Move the pointer over the tab bar and it wipes it from black to the color it is supposed to be. Pinned tabs are also reversed color, odd.
video.jpg

Last edited:
So I've been working through this thread, which almost makes sense...

My MoBo (ASUS ROG STRIX H370-I) claims it's audio is a SupremeFX S1220A. However nothing shows compatibility with anything that has that name. However it may be a Realtek chipset as that has a model that mostly matches the ASUS (S1220A).

This post points me to the AppleALC.kext but refers to "layouts." Eventually I figured out that layouts meant put one of the layout numbers for that chipset in the Clover Configurator in Devices > Audio > Inject. Or am I missing something? I ask this because any of the layouts recommended for a Realtek s1220a chipset (ALCS1220a: 1, 2, 5, 7) dont work when added in that "Inject" field.

Also no progress on finding something that fixes the video driver issue I screenshotted above.

I've posted my EFI folder if someone has time to take a look.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.6 MB · Views: 88
The solution for Z390 board:

I followed this link: Link, and I am passed this error.

Using Clover Configurator to mount my USB's EFI volume, remove AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, and add OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead.

Replacing the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi did result in a change of behavior. Rather than locking up shortly after the progress shows 2 minutes remaining the system spontaneously rebooted. Just for fun I tried booting from the HFS volume in the Clover bootloader after that but it still went into the Mojave Installer, started the progress bar, the drive light flashed a few times and then nothing.

Previously with the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi the installer would freeze up with progress indicating 2 minutes left and just hang there.

The installer log DID show different messages with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi but it restarted rather quickly and I couldn't see what the messages were.

I also initially had OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi and installing was freezing at "2 minutes remaining"

When I changed OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and tried again then during installation it rebooted at "2 minutes remaining" (I think it's normal, when you install Windows it is rebooted a couple of times as well and you should boot in this case from SSD after rebooting and not from USB)

Then I selected boot macOS installer from SSD (not USB) and it continued to install macOS (starting from ~15 minutes) but with a little different GUI of installer. After installation macOS runs ok

I have a similar motherboard ASUS PRIME H310M-K (you have ASUS H370-I)

Last edited:
Also no progress on finding something that fixes the video driver issue I screenshotted above.

you need to set SMBIOS for config.plist (e.g. MacBookPro15,2), see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...630-graphics-support-in-macos-10-13-6.256426/

to get UHD 630 working (fixing black screen) I used the next solution:

Code:
<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>AACSPg==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>