Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z370-A Prime
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700k Coffee Lake
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX-580
Hello everybody.

First of all, thank you for all the knowlege shared here in this comunity. Last year I was able to set my first hackintosh with this preset:

MB: Asus prime Z370-A - 1601 - Clover UEFI
CPU: i7-8700
GPU: RX-580

It's been almost a whole year without any problem. Everything nice and smoth.

Yesterday I came to a external job and brought my hackintosh with me. And it's not booting at all, only in recovery mode. Everytime i try to boot, i get the "your computer restarted because of a problem" screen. Then, the apple shows up, it starts to boot, but it fails and restarts.

I tried to use verbose mode, but it crashes too.

Booting from pendrive crashes again.

When i use safe mode, verbose and single user, i got the screen in the pictures.

When i boot in recovery mode and try to repair the ssd where the os is instaled i get an error saying "unable to unmount volume for repair".

I really don't know what else to do. My best guess is that i have a hardware problem, due to the travel i did.

The disk3s1 is where the OS is installed, and it says "device is not readable". So I think that the problem is there.

I checked the BIOS configs and everything is set as usual.

Hope someone can help me fix it, before i try a new instalation.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20190926_100655.jpg
    20190926_100655.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 51
  • 20190926_101536.jpg
    20190926_101536.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 20190926_101522.jpg
    20190926_101522.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 57
Hello everybody.

First of all, thank you for all the knowlege shared here in this comunity. Last year I was able to set my first hackintosh with this preset:

MB: Asus prime Z370-A - 1601 - Clover UEFI
CPU: i7-8700
GPU: RX-580

It's been almost a whole year without any problem. Everything nice and smoth.

Yesterday I came to a external job and brought my hackintosh with me. And it's not booting at all, only in recovery mode. Everytime i try to boot, i get the "your computer restarted because of a problem" screen. Then, the apple shows up, it starts to boot, but it fails and restarts.

I tried to use verbose mode, but it crashes too.

Booting from pendrive crashes again.

When i use safe mode, verbose and single user, i got the screen in the pictures.

When i boot in recovery mode and try to repair the ssd where the os is instaled i get an error saying "unable to unmount volume for repair".

I really don't know what else to do. My best guess is that i have a hardware problem, due to the travel i did.

The disk3s1 is where the OS is installed, and it says "device is not readable". So I think that the problem is there.

I checked the BIOS configs and everything is set as usual.

Hope someone can help me fix it, before i try a new instalation.

Thank you!

Hi there.

You need to boot using your UniBeast installer drive BUT instead of selecting your current drive from the Clover menu, choose 'External' instead so that you begin the installer. Once at the menu DO NOT go any further, go to the 'Tools' menu and select 'Disk Utility' then run Repair Disk on the main drive.

It might be saveable if the corruption is only minor.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back