Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.5 Port Limit Removal Patch

For example...

Find: 83FB0F0F
Replace: 83FB3F0F

Works...did it and everything is okay, all USBs working like a charm.

It works!

Last edited:
I've got two little questions that might be shared by other newbies like me... With that port limit patch, do the USB-C ports work at right speed? If so, what is the advantage of having a USB kext limiting ports to only 15 if the patch allows all of available USB ports working? Thanks so much for your feedback..

I've got two little questions that might be shared by other newbies like me... With that port limit patch, do the USB-C ports work at right speed? If so, what is the advantage of having a USB kext limiting ports to only 15 if the patch allows all of available USB ports working? Thanks so much for your feedback..

Hi there.

To answer your questions:

1) No, the port-limit removal patch does not configure any ports, it just makes more available.

2) No extra kext limits ports to 15. That is an Apple restriction. The patch is what is used to get around this limit as PC motherboards generally have more USB ports than real Macs. However the number 15 is hard-coded so going beyond is a potential risk.

Hi there.

To answer your questions:

1) No, the port-limit removal patch does not configure any ports, it just makes more available.

2) No extra kext limits ports to 15. That is an Apple restriction. The patch is what is used to get around this limit as PC motherboards generally have more USB ports than real Macs. However the number 15 is hard-coded so going beyond is a potential risk.

All clear now.. Thank you UtterDisbelief!

Yep deleted this (if don't use SSDT) and Write these 4 lanes.

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily 83FB0F0F 83FB3F0F
USB port limit patch #1 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credit ydeng) 10.14.x

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily 83E30FD3 83E33FD3
USB port limit patch #2 10.14.x modify by DalianSky(credit PMHeart) 10.14.x

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 83FB0F0F 83FB3F0F

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 83FF0F0F 83FF3F0F

Thanks, my was Slow copy. but now running Good.

May I ask what I am supposed to do with this code? No guide whatsoever...

May I ask what I am supposed to do with this code? No guide whatsoever...
These patches replace the USB patches in your /EFI/.../config.plist file. If you've never modified your config.plist, then it would be confusing at first. The current MultiBeast for Mojave has a port limit patch for the config.plist (Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit), but it is for 10.14.4. The next update to Mojave will have the 10.14.5 patch.

Thus, you'll have to replace the 10.14.5 Port Limit patches in config.plist with Post #1's Port Limit patches with TextEdit or use Xcode and the patches listed in Post #4.

So If I'm upgrading from 10.14.3 I replace the following code with the code you've written in post#1?

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Remove USB port limit in XHCI kext</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g/sPD4OPBAAA
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>