Contribute
Register

Mod About This Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To change the icon in Yosemite (10.10.1) you have to navigate to your Applications -> Utilities -> System Information and show package contents, show hidden files and locate the SystemLogo.tiff icon.
Replace it with whatever you prefer :D
View attachment 123345

Thanks! Works with El Capitan. 10.11.5. Needs to be named the same as file being replaced and in .tiff format.

Decided to give it a try
Anybody know how to change the graphics line in El Cap?
Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 6.52.47 PM.png

Never mind, here it is:
Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 7.24.04 PM.png

Result:
Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 7.25.12 PM.png

Thanks for creating this guide.

However, anyone know how to mod the info in Sierra?

I can change the system logo, the model and year. But unable to locate and change the CPU, memory, graphic info. Million thanks in advance!

Thanks for creating this guide.

However, anyone know how to mod the info in Sierra?

I can change the system logo, the model and year. But unable to locate and change the CPU, memory, graphic info. Million thanks in advance!
I wonder if
still works ...

I wonder if
still works ...

I don't think so. I actually follow the method which works in Yosemite / El Capitan, but seems the string location changed again in Sierra.

I've been trying to find out without success how to change the "Memory Tab" in "About This Mac" on Lion.

I've changed the amount of RAM in the overview to 4GB, but the memory tab still shows "2 GB Installed" & it shows 2 boxes with 1 GB in each that I'd like to change?

It seems to be in the SPInfo.strings file, but I'm not sure exactly what to change & what to?

Please help.

If you follow the guide then you can change the processor name - presumably you can also make changes to the RAM information as well.
Nope!

It doesn't explain how to specifically change the Memory Tab module info, which is all I need to do!
I know it's in the SPInfo.strings file, but not sure what to change exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back