Contribute
Register

Mod About This Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for creating this guide.

However, anyone know how to mod the info in Sierra?

I can change the system logo, the model and year. But unable to locate and change the CPU, memory, graphic info. Million thanks in advance!

Hi, I am curious about how to change the system name and year in Sierra? Could you point me in the right direction?

What field do I edit if I want to mod my processor on an ACTUAL Macbook? When doing it on unknown it works for Hackintosh computers, but for instance I have a 2008 unibody on El Capitan and I'd like to change the processor to say something catchy to make light of the fact it's a core 2 machine. Since it is an actual Macbook, using unknown processor doesn't work.

Motherboard
EVGA P55 Micro SLI
CPU
i5-760
Graphics
GTX 760
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
How can I edit the built in display image on my laptop? I tried replacing com.apple.macbookpro13-unibody.icns in /S/L/Coreservices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources with no luck.

My SMBIOS is MacBookPro8,1 so it should work. IDK what I'm doing wrong. I just want to customize the built in display, nothing else.

Cheers!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I FINALLY figured out how to edit our graphics on Sierra, the file is in

/Applications/Utilities/System Information.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/SPInfo.strings

Look for this:

<key>DISP_GFX_MAIN</key>
<string>%@ %@ </string>

Delete %@ %@ and replace with any name for example if you want it to show Iris graphics it would like like this:

<key>DISP_GFX_MAIN</key>
<string>Intel Iris 1536 MB</string>

Save the file. Also of note in order to save the file in Sierra you must boot into Recovery and disable SIP. to do this while booting up hold command + R. once in recovery open up terminal and type csrutil disable and restart.

Motherboard
Gigabyte A520M-DS3H
CPU
Ryzen 7 5800x
Graphics
RX 5600 xt
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can still be done in High Sierra. Replacing the public.generic-lcd.icns in coretypes does not work though, but adding a file with the name shown in ATM does works.
Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 6.45.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 6.45.21 AM.png

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Gene
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
Radeon RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can still be done in High Sierra. Replacing the public.generic-lcd.icns in coretypes does not work though, but adding a file with the name shown in ATM does works.
Could you write the name of the file you put in. Mine is showing (it's in french) : "Moniteur : PBM-V300W" and I put PBM-V300W.icns but nothing changed.

Motherboard
Alienware 17 R1
CPU
Intel Core i7 4940MX
Graphics
nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
How can I edit the built in display image on my laptop? I tried replacing com.apple.macbookpro13-unibody.icns in /S/L/Coreservices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources with no luck.

My SMBIOS is MacBookPro8,1 so it should work. IDK what I'm doing wrong. I just want to customize the built in display, nothing else.

Cheers!
Does anyone has a solution for this?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.