Contribute
Register

Mod About This Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to mod the amount of RAM slots in About this mac? It's showing that I have 4 slots, 2 used, 2 available. When in reality, I only have 2 slots, with both of them used. Even switching system definitions didn't change it.

I believe, when you would use "Mac mini" as system definition, them it will show only 2 slots available and used.

I believe, when you would use "Mac mini" as system definition, them it will show only 2 slots available and used.

Not true.

I'm using MacMini5,3 on my Sandy Bridge desktop (see signature).

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 6.45.42 AM.png

I'm using Clover UEFI bootloader.

This looks strange, as the real Mac mini has 2 slots, only.

I found online that it's because my motherboard theoretically have a max of 4 RAM slots, but the manufacturer only put in 2 (probably because it's mITX). I just wish there was a way to change it in OSX somehow. Oh well.

I changed the picture in "About this mac". I am 100% sure that I changed the correct model, but after multiple reboots it is still not changing.

I did this before I reinstalled everything, but after a few reboots it started showing up. I am not sure why it is not working now...

Hey guys

So I am having some problems:

"Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/System Information Show Package Contents /Contents/Resources/English.lproj/SPInfo.Strings"

No SPInfo.Strings in English
http://puu.sh/bk5WH/73094c6a9d.png

"/System/Library/Displays/Overrides/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings"

No Files in English but there are files in all other folders
http://puu.sh/bk5Lw/805c692d3b.png

So I don't know why there are no files. I am guessing I can use the files from the other Languages folder and make a copy for the English folder?

hi I'm trying to change the memory picture plz help me and thanks in advance

Attachments

• HostRAM.png
    HostRAM.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 638
Hey everyone, so I just updated to Yosemite but I can't seem to find com.apple.systemprofiler.plist
Did apple change which file you have to edit now?

In Yosemite, About This Mac doesn't show the icon anymore, just an OSX icon, so I assume changing that would be different now. I would just like to change my "
Mac mini (Mid 2011)" to Hackintosh

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back