Contribute
Register

Mod About This Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see com.apple.systemprofiler.plist, pls help me? I'm running mavericks 10.9.5 and i've enabled hidden files.

If you are using Text Wrangler, be sure to tick the option box in the file open dialog to show hidden items.

You can see further details at Section 9 of this guide, which has proved successful for many.

:thumbup:

If you are using Text Wrangler, be sure to tick the option box in the file open dialog to show hidden items.

You can see further details at Section 9 of this guide, which has proved successful for many.

:thumbup:
Brilliant guide! I'm a noob to hackintoshing ..for now hehe thanks :D

Awesome ^^ now I have everything how I want it, thanks to you! :thumbup:

I think I've got my ATM page about how I like it.

atm.png

As of Yosemite 10.10.3 these are the applicable files:

• System Logo: I used a stock photo of my case, an Air 540 (.tiff file below)./Applications/Utilities/System Information.app/Contents/Resources/SystemLogo.tiffSI.png*right click>Show Package Contents*SL.png

• Model name and year: /Users/*username*/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SystemProfiler.plistMN Yr.png

• Processor: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.stringsCPU.png

• Memory: /Applications/Utilities/System Information.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/SPInfo.stringsRAM.png

Attachments

• SystemLogo.tiff
    2.7 MB · Views: 392
I think I've got my ATM page about how I like it.

View attachment 141347

As of Yosemite 10.10.3 these are the applicable files:

• System Logo: I used a stock photo of my case, an Air 540 (.tiff file below)./Applications/Utilities/System Information.app/Contents/Resources/SystemLogo.tiffView attachment 141346*right click>Show Package Contents*View attachment 141348

• Model name and year: /Users/*username*/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SystemProfiler.plistView attachment 141349

• Processor: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.stringsView attachment 141350

• Memory: /Applications/Utilities/System Information.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/SPInfo.stringsView attachment 141351
hi i could not find the name of the mac at that directory (it only says macbook on the original information) im on 10.10.3 and i would like to change the serial number as well if it is possible

All of these worked with the following exceptions:

Memory - The system will still enter the amount of memory in the beginning of the string, and the speed and type (DDR3) of the memory at the end of the string. You will have to ensure you leave a space before and after so that the memory amount and speed do not bump against your custom text.

CPU - This does not work for me at all. My CPU is not listed as Unknown, however. It is listed as "4 GHz Intel Core i7". Call me picky, but I sure would like for it to read "Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4GHz". Editing the string you highlighted makes no change for me at all.

Here's how it's looking now

Thank you anyways! :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 10.47.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 10.47.01 PM.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 696
All of these worked with the following exceptions:

Memory - The system will still enter the amount of memory in the beginning of the string, and the speed and type (DDR3) of the memory at the end of the string. You will have to ensure you leave a space before and after so that the memory amount and speed do not bump against your custom text.

CPU - This does not work for me at all. My CPU is not listed as Unknown, however. It is listed as "4 GHz Intel Core i7". Call me picky, but I sure would like for it to read "Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4GHz". Editing the string you highlighted makes no change for me at all.

Here's how it's looking now

Thank you anyways! :thumbup:
How about the serial number? can't you change that? if so, where can I find it?

Last edited:
me said:
The generic LCD icon is greyscale with a black screen only ... so I've made a color version thats more versatile for those with more than one non-Apple display. Figured I could share it (again)

[...]

Make a backup of the file then replace it here:

/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes/Contents/Resources/public.generic-lcd.icns

Restart finder after replacing.

Here's another one using the new El Cap Wallpaper in DP6 / PB4. It will also show up in "About this Mac / Displays"

Generic LCD Display.png
Enjoy.

Attachments

• public.generic-lcd.icns.zip
    820.9 KB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back