Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me the detail of your build.
Do you got a graphic card?

I successful install mac os x, run multi beast and update to chimera 2.0.1

the solution was to run installer with -x option

Now I'm stuck in two differents parts:

If I try to load the installed macosx from usb with -x option everything go os, but without drivers(that's -x option is all about, right?)

If I try to boot macosx from installed chimera 2.0.1 without any options he freezes in apple logo loading screen.

My Motherboard is equal to yours, my cpu is a sandy brigde i5 2900.

I will use a gtx 650(soon to arrive), but now I'm using internal graphic card(I suppose that is a hd 3000, but in system profile show as hd 2000 o_O??)

any clues?

I successful install mac os x, run multi beast and update to chimera 2.0.1

the solution was to run installer with -x option

Now I'm stuck in two differents parts:

If I try to load the installed macosx from usb with -x option everything go os, but without drivers(that's -x option is all about, right?)

If I try to boot macosx from installed chimera 2.0.1 without any options he freezes in apple logo loading screen.

My Motherboard is equal to yours, my cpu is a sandy brigde i5 2900.

I will use a gtx 650(soon to arrive), but now I'm using internal graphic card(I suppose that is a hd 3000, but in system profile show as hd 2000 o_O??)

any clues?

I can not find a CPU called Core i5 2900. I guess you mean Core i5 2310 with 2900MHz.
Core i5 2310 got HD2000 graphic which is not support by Mac OS X.
Buy a separate graphic card.
You will never get pass the apple boot screen with this CPU Graphic.

I can not find a CPU called Core i5 2900. I guess you mean Core i5 2310 with 2900MHz.
Core i5 2310 got HD2000 graphic which is not support by Mac OS X.
Buy a separate graphic card.
You will never get pass the apple boot screen with this CPU Graphic.

Yeah, Sorry I'm at work now, post without verifying, sorry.

Well, so the info on system profile is precise, HD2000.

This is nice, as I will use the gtx 650(fully supported If I remember well). Should be here by the end of the week.

I will update you guys as soon I do it.

Thanks moarfish ;)

Hi Moarfish and Others on this thread

Thank you so much for upping my confidence . I am starting a new build just a Replica of Ur machine in terms for Motherboard and CPU .
This is my tribute to you Guys on this thread since , U guys

I have been around tonymac actively for around 2 months or so . I though this is probably the best thread so i though why not try this ( considering the fact that I am a complete noob )

I am starting my installation tonight . I hope I am able to make through . But I know that I am not alone and the Safe shores are not far away .

I m from Delhi (India) .

The Hardware I am using with prices in Indian Rupees (INR)
CPU : Intel I-5 3570K INR 13387/-
Motherboard : Gigabyte B75M-D3H INR 4305/-
RAM : Crossair Vengance 4GB DDR3 1600FSB - INR1879/-
HDD : 1 GB Seagate 7200 RPM - INR 3880/-
POWER SUPPLY : COOLER MASTER 350 watts - INR1706/-
CASING : Mora - INR600/-

Monitor : PHILIPS 22" IPS LED -INR 8800/-
Keyboard & Mouse Cheap Intex : INR 400/-

UPDATE:

Finished Installing Unibeast and Multibeast . It was a cakewalk since I followed all the instruction of Moarfish

Minor gliches :
1) After Unibeast Boot the circle below the apple logo in the grey/white screen froze .
Solution: Turns out I have not enabled the Internal graphic card in Gigabyte BIOS

2) Resolution Improved only after Multibeast Install

3) System didn't power off after Multibeast install and restart . I had to manually do that . But no problems in Sleeping / Shutting / Restarting After That

4) When the OS is booted after the White/Grey Screen with Apple logo the Display is flickering ( Using DVI to HDMI Cable , DVI at Motherboard HDMI at Monitor) . But If I press Power button it load and only top 1/4 part of the screen is visible . After setting display every time to 1080p (it never takes it automatically) , display is fine . I will update you on this later

Initial Boot - Ok
Sound Via 3.5mm Jack -OK HDMI not Checked
Sleep shutdown - Ok

I have not connected it to wifi or Ethernet - Will update later .

One more thing if anyone wants my help please reply on this thread or mail me : [email protected]

You know that VPN and Chimera are unrelated. VPN is network only while Chimera is a bootloader. Did you change anything else?

Yes, you can revert to the older Chimera by running MultiBeast and just choosing Chimera in the Drivers & Bootloaders > Bootloarder > Chimera v1.11.1.

Report back your results. TIA.

Very strange...seem to have messed up my system.

I followed the instructions above, and rebooted. Now it won't boot. I get to the boot options menu in chimera, mountain lion auto selects and a few seconds later the machine reboots back to gigabyte screen. I tried -v flag but it only showed 3-4 lines of text before rebooting. -x did nothing either. Tried original USB unibeast stick but it doesn't work either.

Any suggestions? I may have to do a clean install but not even sure how to do that as booting from USB only brings me to chimera screen asking me to boot into mountain lion or USB. When I select USB it just reboots again. V strange.

Would really appreciate some help here, quite frustrated as was working perfectly half an hour ago!

Does it work under Windows? will it be hardware issue?

Windows? What's that? /me googles it ... Oh, that Microsoft operating system? No idea. This is just a Hackintosh.

But the answer is, no, it's not a hardware issue. If I reformat and reinstall 10.8, sound works perfectly again. Still works after an update to 10.8.2. After a couple of days, though, if I reboot for any reason, it stops - the speaker icon is still there, I can still change volume, but, no output, from any application. And never comes back, no matter how many times I reboot or reinstall MultiBeast or ... Until/unless I reinstall the OS again. (Booting into a LiveCD version of Linux, sound works perfectly, too.)

Mac OS X doesn't crash and I have a UPS, so I can go a long time between rebooting, but still...

:(

Thanks!

Very strange...seem to have messed up my system.

Well, did a reinstall tonight, everything back up and running. Have not updated to Chimera 2.0.1 as VPN is working and don't want to mess it up.

Upgraded my build from DP55WB/i7-860 (that's going to a friend...) to exactly the same build but using HD4000.

I am surprised at how smoothly it went since it was not a fresh install but switching the MB/CPU and changing RAM to 2x4GB corsair (1600). Re-used my SSD (plextor), Case and power supply.

All that was required is run Multibeast with the combination in the first post by Moarfish (remember to boot with -x).

Wireless working, Ethernet working, Airplay working, Sound working (though gave popping sound, but installed anti-pop - too lazy to spend too much time on this).

Haven't tried USB3 as I do not have any USB3 devices and all I am using is USB2 ports.

Will try playing around with OC when i have some more time... ;-)

Just wanted to say thank you Moarfish, your thread really helped me. This is my first ever PC build, also a hackintosh. Everything seems to work. My only problem is that my mouse and keyboard does lag, and also my bluetooth keyboard does not respond during start up (only after ML logs in). I could not find my extension folder to delete the MultiBeast 5.2.1 sound drivers. Other than that, I'm super happy!

As long as you configure your BIOS correctly (AHCI, HPET, SMBIOSController, etc) then this should be an out of the box Mobo for you too.

I am a total noob. Can I configure my BIOS now to those settings or do I have to configure it and reinstall OS X? Also, is there any resources on how to configure my BIOS to those settings? I don't think I configured my BIOS correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back