Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
heya! i wanna try making your lovely build. what would you say about this memory:
"ADATA XPG GAMING SERIES 4096MB DDR3 1600 CL9 1.5v" x2

you recommended ADATA so i just wanna make sure :)

edit: also, im thinking about this SSD: what would you say?
ADATA XPG SX900 256 GB SATA III 6 GB/sec
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007M7XS94/

cheers!

heya! i wanna try making your lovely build. what would you say about this memory:
"ADATA XPG GAMING SERIES 4096MB DDR3 1600 CL9 1.5v" x2

you recommended ADATA so i just wanna make sure :)

edit: also, im thinking about this SSD: what would you say?
ADATA XPG SX900 256 GB SATA III 6 GB/sec
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007M7XS94/

cheers!

I was using A-DATA Premier Pro Series 8 GB Single DDR3 1600Mhz CL11 Desktop Memory AD3U1600W8G11-R x 2 with a total of 16GB RAM leaving two slot empty for further upgrade later. I've heard that Kingston is a good choice as well. Pick the one with the best offer in your area. ADATA RAM in Hong Kong is cheap and good quality.

I've heard from my friend in Hong Kong he is using SX900 which is fine. Remember to update your firmware in Windows before you start your OS X installation on the SSD. ADATA usually ships with outdated firmware.

I was using A-DATA Premier Pro Series 8 GB Single DDR3 1600Mhz CL11 Desktop Memory AD3U1600W8G11-R x 2 with a total of 16GB RAM leaving two slot empty for further upgrade later. I've heard that Kingston is a good choice as well. Pick the one with the best offer in your area. ADATA RAM in Hong Kong is cheap and good quality.

I've heard from my friend in Hong Kong he is using SX900 which is fine. Remember to update your firmware in Windows before you start your OS X installation on the SSD. ADATA usually ships with outdated firmware.

Thanks for the reply! i will be getting those ADATA memeory x2 that i mentioned, and as for SSD i got a good price for
ADATA Premier Pro SP900. think its a good drive :)

what about that firmware thing? will it really make a difference? i was planning to just directly install the OS X. if i first install windows and then OS X, what would happen?

btw: what about the AirPlay mirroring? did you get it to work somehow?

Thanks for the reply! i will be getting those ADATA memeory x2 that i mentioned, and as for SSD i got a good price for
ADATA Premier Pro SP900. think its a good drive :)

what about that firmware thing? will it really make a difference? i was planning to just directly install the OS X. if i first install windows and then OS X, what would happen?

btw: what about the AirPlay mirroring? did you get it to work somehow?

No. You cannot update firmware by installing Windows on it. You have to attach it to a computer with Windows already installed in another hard drive and update firmware on the SSD. You cannot update firmware when the SSD is the boot drive.

No. You cannot update firmware by installing Windows on it. You have to attach it to a computer with Windows already installed in another hard drive and update firmware on the SSD. You cannot update firmware when the SSD is the boot drive.

oh ye, now i got what you mean. Thanks alot for the help, will report about my progress :)

Hi all!
I'm trying to install ML on a quite similar configuration, this is mine pc:

- Motherboard: GA-B75M-D3H
- CPU: i5 3330 (Ivy Bridge but with HD2500)
- RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance
- GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 OC
- HDD: SSD Samsung 830 256GB (Dual boot with Win7)
- TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter

I have some problem to reach the Installer Screen of ML: I made the USB Stick using my Snow Leopard installation on my notebook and UniBeast 1.6.1, I update BIOS to the latest version (F12) from Gigabyte site and set Sata mode to AHCI...I tried booting using many KF (PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No, npci=0x3000 and various combination of those, even -x) but I can't reach the Installer Window...every time the boot procedure stops after Network configuration as shown in the picture attached.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a problem with the CPU? Any suggestion?
Thank you all.
Regards
Marco.

PS: sorry for my bad english, I'm italian :p .

Attachments

• IMG_20130127_112030.jpg
    IMG_20130127_112030.jpg
    856.4 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20130127_111427.jpg
    IMG_20130127_111427.jpg
    866.3 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_20130127_110738.jpg
    IMG_20130127_110738.jpg
    731.6 KB · Views: 196
Hi all!
I'm trying to install ML on a quite similar configuration, this is mine pc:

- Motherboard: GA-B75M-D3H
- CPU: i5 3330 (Ivy Bridge but with HD2500)
- RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance
- GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 OC
- HDD: SSD Samsung 830 256GB (Dual boot with Win7)
- TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter

I have some problem to reach the Installer Screen of ML: I made the USB Stick using my Snow Leopard installation on my notebook and UniBeast 1.6.1, I update BIOS to the latest version (F12) from Gigabyte site and set Sata mode to AHCI...I tried booting using many KF (PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No, npci=0x3000 and various combination of those, even -x) but I can't reach the Installer Window...every time the boot procedure stops after Network configuration as shown in the picture attached.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there a problem with the CPU? Any suggestion?
Thank you all.
Regards
Marco.

PS: sorry for my bad english, I'm italian :p .

Reset your BIOS settings to the default.
Set SATA mode to AHCI, and remember to turn off on board graphics. Your HD2500 is not supported so disable it.
Try to install again.

Reset your BIOS settings to the default.
Set SATA mode to AHCI, and remember to turn off on board graphics. Your HD2500 is not supported so disable it.
Try to install again.
Thanks for your reply.
To turn HD2500 off I have to set BIOS option "Internal Graphics" on DISABLED, it that right? Anything else? And then, which KF I have to use?
I'm installing using HDMI cable...should I use DVI? Is there any difference during install process? My monitor has VGA and HDMI port while the GPU has 2xDVI, 1 Display Port and 1 HDMI port...so I could use VGA with a DVItoVGA adapter is necessary.

Yes, that's right. You may also have to disable VT-D in the bios, many of us with this board have.

Try this first, if it doesn't do the trick you can also try the KF "PCIRootUID=0 DSDT=/dev/null/ -x". I need to use this to get Unibeast to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back