ML: UEFI HDMI audio, no dsdt edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD4 with BIOS Version F1
Intel Core i5-3570K
Intel HD Graphics 4000
OS X 10.9.1
Clover rev. 2428

Can’t seem to get this working. I added the “SSDT.aml” to the patched folder of the EFI. No output devices are found in Sound control panel. I believe I haven’t modified any .kext or added anything for my system except Ethernet, do I need to install anything else? The motherboard has Realtek ALC887. Display does show up as a Television.

In system information there is nothing listed under “Devices”. This is listed under “Intel High Definition Audio”:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 3

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output:

Connection: Internal

Line Output:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

External Microphone / iPhone Headset:

External Microphone / iPhone Headset:

Headphone:

HDMI / DisplayPort Output:

Connection: Display

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    417 bytes · Views: 189
  • IOJonesOutput.iojones
    385.3 KB · Views: 170
do I need to install anything else?!
Yes, if you want sound, you must install audio.
MultiBeast 6.0 or newer - Select: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT √ ALC887 Current

The IOReg attachment is invalid. Reply with a valid IOReg.

Thanks for your help Toleda.

I believe I once had HDMI audio working just with some DSDT patches without installing anything extra. My machine is always hooked up to receiver.

I used MultiBeast to install the audio and now sound works through the headphone jack. Still no HDMI audio though.

Hopefully I have attached the proper ioreg this time.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Mac Pro.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 165
Still no HDMI audio though.
Wrong framebuffer. Post #1, did you
8. Verify no device-properties injection (Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist)
8a. If present, edit/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, delete the injection string, save.​

ML: UEFI HDMI audio, no dsdt edit

I'm using Clover. Any ideas what to change, where to start looking within its config? Thanks again!

After I set "config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel/false" my system would not boot, it froze on something regarding Bluetooth. With some reading and guessing within "Graphics" in the clover config I inserted
Code:
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x0166000a</string>

Upon reboot I had HDMI audio with your SSDT. Since I installed the audio drivers from MultiBeast all my other audio ports were working as well. As a test replacing with the stock AppleHDA.kext I lost all the other audio ports but I still have HDMI audio out working perfectly.

Thanks for your help!

Toleda, thanks a thousand..! Worked like a charm on GA-Z77N-WiFi and i3 3225 with HD4000...

Motherboard z77mx th
BIOS version F5
processor 3570K
graphics gt640
Mav 10.9.1

Hi Toleda

Thanks for all the great work. I used to use the voodoo drivers but it was unstable. That is why I wanted to see my other options. I was able to make the hdmi audio for gt640 to work but the intel hd4000 is not located nor found. Also even onboard audio is not working so I cant plug in my headphones

Can you help me please

Thanks

Attachments

• mac.iojones
    948.3 KB · Views: 162
  • SSDT.aml
    417 bytes · Views: 189
was able to make the hdmi audio for gt640 to work but the intel hd4000 is not located nor found. Also even onboard audio is not working so I cant plug in my headphones
HD4000 is disabled in BIOS, nothing shows until it is enabled. VIA 2021 onboard audio is not supported. GT 640 Is the only audio codec supported and it is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back