Contribute
Register

ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worth the effort required.

Yeah, I figured. Well thanks for all your help. I don't think you understand how much you've helped the community with your knowledge with this stuff.

I have no knowledge of experience with Voodoo, can't help there. Regarding AppleHDA.kext, MSI uses pinconfigs that are not compatible with OS X, consequently, no sound. Your only option is Voodoo.

The headphone being line out, etc are additional pinconfig problems.

By the way DarwinDump is interesting, however, the most important tool for troubleshooting is not available. The ioreg.txt is not a substitute for a copy of IOReg.

Thanks for your input so, once can't simply copy the pin settings from voodoohda to applehda?

If not then it looks like VoodooHDA is the only way although the sound is cracking and very choppy not sure why thanks any how.
As for the IOReg issue with darwin dump sorry thought it would have been better with darwin dump considering i am using clover and not chrimera or charmelon for bootloader.

Thanks for your input so, once can't simply copy the pin settings from voodoohda to applehda?

If not then it looks like VoodooHDA is the only way although the sound is cracking and very choppy not sure why thanks any how.
As for the IOReg issue with darwin dump sorry thought it would have been better with darwin dump considering i am using clover and not chrimera or charmelon for bootloader.
That has been tried and tried and tried...... MSI uses a value of 4 where AppleHDA expects 0 or 1; 4 fails and 0 and 1 looks like it is working but no sound.

Thanks, anyhow.. Just ashame we can't reprogram the 892 chip. Will see what i can do with voodoohda. Thanks all the same though bud wisdom was smashing.

Thanks, anyhow.. Just ashame we can't reprogram the 892 chip. Will see what i can do with voodoohda. Thanks all the same though bud wisdom was smashing.
Nothing wrong with the 892. The issue is MSI's audio hardware implementation.

NEVERMIND, problem was caused by USB3.0 kext.

I have these errors in console

08/10/12 22:26:31,000 kernel [0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 5921
08/10/12 22:26:31,000 kernel [0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 5605
08/10/12 22:26:31,000 kernel [0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 9947
nows how to fix them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back